The Singing Fat Lady??/ Frank Lamb Update 5/18/05

Frank Lamb

Well, heck. There goes my plans for a midnight giant belly dance in your back yard -- complete with little pink drinks and a pig with an apple in its mouth. (I will NOT have an apple in my mouth, just to avoid confusion.)

Guess I'll put that off!

Seriously, you hang in there. It's about all I can do to keep from making an appointment with the Oncologist I started with (the one I dumped) next week just to show him that I'm still upright after a year. He figured I was a goner from the start and always treated me that way.

I love how you refuse to let people get you down. Keep it up!

Di

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernie Siegel said somewhere (I think) that we are all terminal.

And he said, too, that we are living or we're dead.

So keep living. As you are!!! Remember my bus and Snowflake's beer trucks are out there for anybody.

Go for the Gold

gail

At home and on your feet sounds pretty good to me. You sound like you have great support and a good plan, deal with issues one at a time, keep on keeping on. I am sorry for the no more treatments, right now at least, but you may actually feel better without all that chemo and stuff. Hang in there, you have always been a winner and an inspiration to me. Margaret

Hi Frank:

Well, that explains it. For the last couple of days I've seen a bunch of fat ladies ... singing by the way ... heading south on I-95. By my reckoning, they are all hanging out on South Beach by now.

I like the playing golf while shooting at turkeys; or is that shooting birdies?

Thank you for posting. I always enjoy reading your posts and admire your attitude. Thank you for putting 'quality' into life.

Dear Frank,

Notice how Bruce uses any excuse to stalk Dolly? The man has no limits.. :shock::lol:

Anyway Frank, I know you will do everything you can to keep that fat lady away. Like Ry said, if you think it will require chickens, I'm sure that can be arranged, the cult has a website with some real nice live chickens.

If I ever gave you a compliment, it would be that you were plain amazing, but you know I would never be that nice... :wink:

Kick *ss Frank....

Hi Frank,

Your enthusiasm is contageous... you actually lifted me up!!

If that fat lady comes around we will just take pins to her until she POPS!!

And if she starts to sing, the we will take your golf clubs, turkey hunting equipment, fish, your yard work, your bottle of bud lights, your chocolate donuts (well maybe not those, she would probably stuff it in her big fat mouth) and throw it at her until she begs for mercy and dissapears.

Prayers to you Frank and Connie, for some good news that could help you.

Keep that attitude up and keep the faith as it can move mountains.

Maryanne

There...........

Maryanne said it .......I tried so hard to say what your post did for Brian and me

She said it.

YOU LIFTED US UP

Thank you, Maryanne for expressing it so well........and Frank and Connie, Thank you for

LIFTING US UP

Love

Pat and Brian

Frank--

As someone else said, it's strange to enjoy a post such as yours -- I laughed and cried at the same time. If I see the Fat Lady, I'll grab her passport and they'll never let her back into the US, not with all the border security these days.

Prayers for you and Connie

Gail p-m

Did I hear RY mention chickens? Do I need to post that site again???

Oh, Frank! I love you, I really do.

I love how your doctors sent you home to LIVE. Keep it up, Frank, keep living - and living well. Eat dessert first, be it chocolate donuts or fishing in the a.m. followed by a short round of golf and some turkey trotting.

Take care, and give Connie a hug for me.

Becky

You're a piece of work, Frank...and my money is on YOU....not some warbling Fat Lady! :wink:

Keep that attitude and prove the doctors wrong on their time predictions. It's done all the time around here! Live and the live some more...and just keep on doing that. Go see the doctors whenever you have to...but FORGET STATS. You are not a STAT Frank...you're a funny guy with a great wife who can outrun a singing Fat Lady for a lot longer than one might think, even with l.c.!

And besides....there is all that Bud Lite to get through and all those rounds of golf to play...eh? 8) (Not necessarily in that order!)

Frank,

Your posts are always something I look forward to. When I saw Fat lady in the subject line I thought it was some kind of joke, but then I realized just how serious this post was. I am really sorry about the "no treatment" but like someone else said, maybe you will feel better getting all of that harsh stuff out of your system. We never really know if it is working that well or not anyway. The thing about you Frank is that we all admire you. You have the greatest attitude of anyone I know. Laughter does make the world a nicer place and you always provide that for the people around you even in tough times.

If I can do anything to help with that Fat Lady I will do just that. I know if she comes around here I am going to shoot the daylights out of her, then she can't get anywhere near you. Prayers that your play time will be long, loving and lots of fun. Eat some chocolate donuts for me.

Nina

Hey Frank, What Katie says about coming up/down there and having Little Kennedy bite her toes, GOOD IDEA! Our Kennedy can bring that SINGING FAT LADY to her KNEES!!! :lol::lol:8) This kid has a TOE FEDISH!! TO TOO CUTE!! But she's a COOL KIDDO! :wink:

FA LA LA BOOM DE A......Freaking SINGING FAT LADY!!

(((((((((FRANK & CONNIE))))))))

Frank,

You are my hero. I hope your days are filled with doing whatever you want, eating whatever you want and drinking whatever you want. That your body is given new strength without all those treatment side effects and that you continue to lift us all up.

That fat lady ain't singin anytime soon!!!!

TAnn

Hey Frank, no singing fat ladies for you for a long time! Go chase that little white ball around the golf course so she can't catch up with you, and keep moving, that's for sure. You're the best....we all love you!

Cindy

Frank,

I am sure that is not the news you wanted to hear from the doctors. I do not think good attitude makes us live any longer, it just makes living a lot better. My best to you and Connie and good shooting at THE SINGING FAT LADY.

Frank,

It's all been said already, but I had to chime in. I love your attitude and will be on the lookout for hefty operatic women headed your way. I've got a radio that can play nasty rap music really loud, and I'm not afraid to use it!

BeckyCW

Well the diets haven't been too successful, but luckily I can't carry a tune! Frank - you are an awesome person and an inspiration to all. The only thing that Fat Lady will sing is the Blues 'cuz she can't get a toe in the door!

Frank-

Like the others said--ways to scare off the Fat Lady:

1. Play country music SO loud she runs away.

2. Gather up the neighborhood dogs. If she starts to sing they will run her off. My ROXY will lead the pack!!

3. Eat EVERYTHING you want.

4. Know that we are praying for you and Connie. Much love to you both

Cindy

Frank,

I am new here, but enjoyed your post so much that I piled son Kevin and daughter-in-law-to-be, Shira in the car and went out for a big box of fresh donuts....did I mention that I'm also a diabetic...? Dang, they were good! Keep the faith. Your spirit challenges us all to hang in there for another minute...day...year...

Good thoughts and prayers

Michael