Scan Results

TAnn

Yesterday's doctor appointment really surprised me. For the past 3 weeks I've been feeling worse by the day and my pain is increasing daily and getting harder to manage.

My chest ct shows no change from prior scan 6 weeks ago and my brain MRI actually looked even better than the previous one. When I asked my doc if there seems to be no progression and my pain is increasing, along with my SOB and fatigue, then what is going on? He said that we usually scan every 3 months and this was only 6 weeks. Apparently IF there is progression it is very, very slow and therefore not showing up the ct scan yet. We have another one scheduled for 6 weeks again. He was surprised that I was having the symptoms based on the ct scan. I'm actually taking Lortab for the pain now, I usually just take Advil, don't like the heavy duty stuff.

He said if my symptoms get worse before the 6 weeks we will re-scan sooner. So I guess I should be really happy about the results, which I am, however my body doesn't FEEL like the results indicated!!!

Staying on Tarceva until there is absolute evidence of progression. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes.....

TAnn

Hi Tann,

I am so glad the results are good.

I pray for for you pain to subside and your next 6 week test will have good results.

Please take care, this just might be a fluky things that will pass. So many crazy things come and go with this desease. Things will turn out alright.

Maryanne

Dear Tann,

hummmmmmmmm :?::?::?: to the Pain issue?????

BUMMER! Sure hope this pain your dealing with does a turn about and goes away for you.

The other news is pretty darn good though!! :D:D

I know it's hard to be happy when your dealing with SOB and pain!! I also know it's frustrating NOT knowing what is causing this stuff. But, for a day or so, I hope you'll take your good news and enjoy. Maybe happy thoughts will help to kill that pain.

Best to you.

TAnn,

That is great news. No progression has got to give you a lift. Pain could be shrinking pains too, looking at the bright side. I'm happy for you. Hang in there. The next scan in 6 weeks will just confirm the best. God Bless and take care. Chin up!!

CharlieD

TAnn....the residual effects of tx might be accounting for how you feel too! You know that chemo AND radiation both keep working for a while even after tx.

I'm glad you and your doc are on top of this...and that he'll scan you earlier IF your symptoms increase....but don't lose hope that this might just be a reaction to the residual (and ongoing, since you're still getting the Tarceva) effects of your tx.

It seems like very good news that the scan is not supporting how you are feeling....eh? Lock on that...mentally. This will pass...and you'll be feeling better soon. About the SOB and fatigue...how are your blood counts? Did he check those? Might be the culprit for some of your symptoms, if your counts are low....especially HGB, HCT and platelets! Check that out.

And know I'm thinking of you, sending ALL positive thoughts and wishes.....

Dear TAnn,

It's hard to be happy when you feel so crappy (ooh that rhymes - not intended :))

Even though the scans seem to be ok, it just doesn't matter when you feel bad, does it? It's almost like it would be better if it did show something because then they would know what to treat. Am I getting close here?

Hang in there, hon. I pray for you every day.

All my love,

Peggy

Tann,

Just keep reading Peggy's "It's hard to be happy when you feel so crappy" song lyrics - this should keep a smile on your face. It must be hard to concentrate on the doctors words based on the scans when your body is trying to tell something different, but keep trying.

TAnn,

I'm so glad to see you have good news. On the other hand, I am so sorry to know that you are feeling bad. Maybe just knowing that things look good will relieve some anxiety and you will feel better too. I hope so. On the other hand, if you have persistent pain, I would push to have it further investigated. You are in my prayers , as always.

(((Hugs))),

Sue

TAnn,

I was glad to read your news of no progression; but sorry also that you are having issues with pain.

I hope you are able to celebrate your good news and eventually get some answers about the pain and ultimately...some relief from the pain.

My prayers will be with you TAnn.

Love,

boy T,

Glad I got to see this post. What a quandry... wish the scan met your symptoms? NO!

I like CharlieD's explanation...shrinking pains.

Like you, I have been feeling like dog puckie too. And there may be an explanation. And then there might not be. You have had so much going on and so much assault for so long....it may be just that?

I am with you T, not a fun trip sometimes. Just wish you weren't in pain and then that the meds were taking care of you. Back to the drawing board on that?

Do you have a pulm. to help figure out the SOB? I just qualified for oxygen. I get short of breath sometimes just rolling over in bed!! Good Lord!

I am hoping that the oxygen will help me.

Always, you are in my prayers T. No advice, just rambling and thinking only good thoughts for you, dear one.

love, cindi o'h