Keep the recipes coming....

Andrea

Hello all :)

I still may not be posting a lot, but please please please keep the recipes coming so we can start putting everything together.

I apologize for not posting much, I do read, I just have been in a mental abyss with my mom and now I have to go for a breast MRI next Firday (I thought I was done with that stuff for 6 months) because they want me further checked before I get pregnant. And then work and fertility doctors and house hunting, blah blah blah blah blah. Did I say blah? Heehee

One recipe in particular I am looking for--my mom wants to make fruit smoothies at home with a blender. But we don't know how to do it :)

Love to all! And thanks for your help with recipes!!!!

" Basic Fruit Smoothie " Recipe

Ingredients

8 oz. Orange Juice (Chilled)

1 Banana (Sliced)

1/2 cup of Raspberries (Or blueberries, strawberries, …)

Mixing Instruction

Blend at low speed and pour into a highball glass. Garnish with the same type of berries that you chose to make your smoothie.

-OR-

Fruit Smoothie Recipe

Fruit smoothies (also known as fruit shakes or frappes) are low fat and packed with vitamins and minerals. There are many ways to make a smoothie, each resulting in a different taste and texturer.

Start with chopped up fruit (can be one type of fruit or several). Bananas, strawberries, peaches, blueberries, nectarines, and mangoes all make great smoothie bases.

Next, you may want to add a thick base. Some good ideas include low fat plain or vanilla yogurt; low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt; a can of frozen juice concentrate (try orange, lemonade, apple, or cocunut), frozen fruits, or a cup of ice cubes. How much to use depends on how thick you like your smoothie.

The last ingredient is a liquid that will help everything blend smoothly. Try skimmed milk, soy milk, fruit juice, or water. You can start with just 1/4 cup of liquid, and add more as needed.

You can kick up the flavor (optional) by adding Splenda, cinammon, nutmeg, or vanilla extract.

If you're not sure how much of what to put in, a good rule of thumb is to have 1 part fruit, 1 part liquid, and 2 part thick base. For instance, for 2 people (slightly over 2 cups), you would want 1/2 cup of fruit, 1/2 cup of liquid, and 1 cup of base. This is not set in stone, however -- feel free to experiment!

Directions

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

Serve smoothie immediately, preferably in a chilled glass.

• 3 weeks later...

Think of how an angel sits on top of the Christmas tree and do the same thing with a can of beer and a chicken. :lol:

Then rub down the exterior of the chicken with salt, pepper, oil. Roast in oven or on grill.

I actually use apple juice instead of beer and it works great.

Fran