5CM Tumor??

Donna

Hello all,

My brother was recently diagnosed with a lung tumor, that grew from 3 CM's to 5 CM's in 3 months time..They did a biopsy and still have no results..They will let us know tomorrow..The Dr said it is most likely cancer..He has no symptoms, and the tumor was found on a CT scan..How fast do these tumors grow, and could it be possible it is not cancer?

Until they get the biopsy results there is no definite way to know. However, the fact that is grew in size that much is not a good sign. I hope it turns out not to be cancer. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask. Welcome to our little family for the time being and praying that you can tell us soon that you don't have need to be here.

Nina

Nina gave a great response.

Just want to add my prayers that the biopsy turns out negative for cancer.

The waiting is the hardest part of all, I think. You are wise to come here to talk with folks who know exactly what you are feeling...scared. Scared 'r than you know what.

Keep us updated and come here as you find the need. You are very much welcomed.

Cindi o'h

How fast they grow depends on the tumor. The type of tumor I had the doctor told me without treatment it would about double in size in 3 months. You will know more when you get your biopsy result and a plan of treatment. Donna G

God Bless all of you..I am so glad I found this board..I am so scared..There are so many unanswered questions..Today is the big day for the results..

Thank you so much for your replies..I will let you know later what the biopsy showed..

With many prayers and thanks..

Donna