Brother diagnosed today with SCLC

Donna

Not sure about the extent yet...Going to NYU medical ceneter Thurs to meet with the oncologist..He has a 5cm tumor on the right lung..Please give me your thoughts..

Is this the most treatable of lung cancers?

Appreciate all help.

God Bless you all..

Donna,

I was diagnosed in April 2002 with limited SCLC; I had a 7 cm tumor in right lung. After chemo & radiation (concurrent) I had no tumor in June, 2002. To date I am disease free and overall feel pretty well. Please tell your brother about this. Also, read the SCLC Forum; you'll find hope.

NYU is a good place. keep us posted.

Joanie

Joanie,

I cannot thank you enough for this post..It made me feel so much better..I am so happy to hear you are doing well..That is such a Blessing..Please, it it ok if I write to you..I am so afraid..Thursday we go to NYU in NY..I herd this is a great place for cancer treatment..

I hope it has not spread yet..You are a blessing in disquise..I will tell my brother.. :wink:

Donna,

So sorry to hear about your brothers diagnosis. I know this is a really scary time with so many unknowns.

Please know that there is hope for people with lung cancer. There are so many wonderful people "true survivors" that are members of this board with plenty of life experiences.

I wish you strength through this journey.

Wendy

Hi Donna,

First and foremost, there is HOPE! Believe that. There are wonderful resources available out there that will provide necessary and comprehensive information to help guide him and you along this journey.

Please also refer to the "know the facts" and "links / docs" portion of this website - there is very useful information there, too (including info for the newly diagnosed).

I wish your brother and you great success as you begin this battle. Stay strong!

Kelsey

Hi Donna,

First and foremost, there is HOPE! Believe that. There are wonderful resources available out there that will provide necessary and comprehensive information to help guide him and you along this journey.

Please also refer to the "know the facts" and "links / docs" portion of this website - there is very useful information there, too (including info for the newly diagnosed).

I wish your brother and you great success as you begin this battle. Stay strong!

Kelsey