Jeffrey's Scan

trishnmiller

My friend went with Jeff to have his scans read by the Oncologist today and the results are that there is nothing new :shock: . No new tumors but no action in the old ones either. The Doc is going to take him off the Tarceva, go ahead with cyberknife of his liver tumor and then start Alitma/Carboplatin. Who out there had had this chemo? Jeff has never had side effects from anything but I would like to be prepared. I hope he can wait until after our vaction to start the new chemo.

Trish

Hi Trish,

Nothing new - no new tunors is GREAT news. AND there is a plan for Jeffrey all set and ready to go. That is good too. I cannot help you with specifics about the recommended chemo...sorry. I'm sure some of our "experts" will be able ato help you out there.

Hoping and praying things continue to improve for you with this plan and Jeffrey will be on the mend.

You mentioned a vacation - hope you can enjoy!

Kasey

Hi Trish.

We have members who are on the Alimta. And we have members who have been on the carbo..usually in combination with another taxane, but, I haven't heard of the Alimta/Carboplatin combo yet, I don't think. Experts is a good idea.

Hope your vacation will be the best ever.

Cindi o'h

My mother has been through 4 rounds of alimta/carboplatin and she's had a little shrikage in her lymph nodes and all the spots on her lungs. We go to the onc. on 6/1 for scans so we'll see then. She's done very well on that combo. That is her first chemo treatment so she has nothing to compare it to, but the only side effect she has ever complained of is a little fatigue. She's done very well and I hope you guys will have similar results. Congrats on nothing new!!

After I got all of the details from Jeff I realized that he is only going to have the Alitma until the cyberknife procedure is complete. For our little vacation we are going to Saint Augustine, FL where Jeffrey went to college to just hang out, go to his old surfing beach, and show the kids some history. It will be good to simply get away from the house and the doctors and the..well, I don't have to tell you all!!! Thanks for all the great wishes and prayers...me thinks they are working.

Trish

Trish, I'm so glad to hear that the test results were stable. I will echo everyone else in saying "STABLE IS GOOD." By the way, I live just north of you In Palm Bay. We lived in Miami from '84-89 and then decided we would like to live a bit farther north. I love St. Augustine. There are so many neat things to do and see there. It's my favorite long-weekend getaway!