"PET/CT Hybrid Scanner".

Remembering Dave

I went to get a PET scan of my head and brain today. I went to the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College (phew!) which the Massey Cancer Institute is a part of.I will not find out the results until Tuesday. We are looking to see if my tumors need to be Gamma Knifed.

I did not even notice that they had a new machine but I really should have because I .....fit in it better. It used to be a pretty tight squeeze for me to get all the way in the machine but this time there was plenty of room. They got a new machine I have never heard of. It is a "PET/CT Hybrid Scanner". It combines the PET images and the CT images together so that the Radiologist can see more detail. You can really tell the difference in the pictures in the pamplet we picked up. The pamplet also said that the Hybrid will result in earlier diagnosis's of cancer. I have not done any searches on the internet and know only what was in the pamplet but it sounds like a great advancement in scanning abilities. On a brighter note, we have been packing, packing, packing getting the house showable. My Mom and Dad have been working themselves ragged, It is a shame when your 70ish year old parents have more energy than I do at 40, ha,ha. They have been true saints. Our realtor brought a couple of high school footballplayers out a few days ago and they got the river bank looking better than it ever has. We are hoping for a quick sale in a few weeks without compromising our asking sales price. We actually have people comming to look at it this weekend so Karen Faith and I are going to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg on Sat. I have rented a scooter for the day. Not sure what the plan is for the rest of the weekend but I am sure will find a cookout somewhere even if we have to go have one of our own!!! Ok I have rambled enough here, I mainly wanted let you all know about the "PET/CT Hybrid Scanner" You are all in my prayers each and every day. Remember, God cannot answer prayers he cannot hear.

David C

Hi David,

I'm glad to see your post and really happy to read that the house is getting ready for a showing...I've got a good feeling about this new realtor. Sounds great that you've got all that extra help.

That hybrid is GREAT. Bill had his scans in one back in February...I think he was the second person in the machine...brand spanking new. I hope you get some great results.

As for the weekend; I've got a great idea. Head southwest towards Cincy and come on down for a pool party. The "official" party won't start until Sunday, but there's no reason we can't start a day early on Saturday. All are welcome!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Love,

Great to hear from you - I hope you enjoy Busch Gardens. We planned on being there on the 22nd of June, but it will be too soon after my Mom's surgery now. Good luck with the house also - sounds like your realtor is great! I think it's wonderful that the high schoolers helped with the bank! Enjoy your weekend!

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the post on the PET/CT Hybrid Scanner. I had a PET Scan last month at Massey, so I am going to ask my onc. today if I had this or just a regular PET. Thanks for the info.

I hope you, Karen, Faith have a get weekend. Bush Gardens sounds like a lot of fun. It's going to be a pretty weekend. Hope you get a contract soon on your home.

Best Wishes,

Dee

Hi Dave,

Good to hear from you. It looks like you found the right realtor this time.

The new machine sounds great. Hope you get it in our area,

Enjoy Busch Gardens... Hope you sell your home.

Keep us posted.

You sound good. Hi to Karen.

Maryanne

David,

I wish you lots of luck with your results on Tuesday!That machine sounds awesome, we are so cutting edge here in town that I'm sure we will get one in about 30 years or so :shock: ...

Hope you enjoy your weekend. I'm thinking that if you put on that wig you had and drive around the streets on your scooter, you may get an invite to a barbeque :roll: somewhere.

Good seeing you David. Have fun!

Interesting to read about that hybrid scanner. My Dad just had a PET. Now, of course, they say that he needs a CT. We waited for the PET for 2 weeks and now another week for the CT. Would be nice to do "one stop shopping" instead.

Crossing my fingers that you have a sale on your house this weekend. It sounds like you have a lot of people working to get the house in shape for a quick sale.

Good to see you post.

Gail p-m

David,

Those PET/CT machines have been around for about 2 years now. I have been doing my scan's on that for ohhhhh it's been two years. They're GREAT! That's the same machine that noticed my myxoma tumor in my heart two years ago. :shock::) State of the art! Our medical technology has come a long ways! It just keeps getting better.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I also hope the house sells soon. I know this is really weighing on all of you. ((((DAVID, KAREN, FAITH))))

Love & Hugs,

Con

P.S. Prayers for good news on Tuesday.

Hi David: I hope you have been enjoying your weekend. I have heard of those hybrid machines before, but they don't haave one in my area as of last February. I will ask about it again when my next ct scan takes place. I hope your scan results bring good news this Tuesday.

Don M