Our Betplace

Addie

I received an email today...and our dear Betty passed away in the wee hours this morning. Some time ago, I'd sent her an email..and my address must have still been in her book for me to receive direct notice.

I swear...I awoke early this morning with thoughts of Betty in my head...almost as though I was hearing the whisper of her spirit as it left us. It just seemed it had been a while since we heard any news of her....and then when I got up, I found the email. :(

In part, it says:

To All of Betty's Friends and Relatives.

Our sweet Betty passed away this morning at 4:35, It was a peaceful passing after quite a few weeks of care at the Hospice center in Hudson, Florida.

Irene and Polly were right with her and held her hands.

We are having a memorial service to celebrate her life on Wednesday at 10 am.

The service will be for

Elizabeth Carol Loy - Betty

Born November 6, 1952

Died May 29, 2005

and it will be held at

Dobies Funeral Home

6616 Congress Street

New Port Richey, FL 34653

727-207-8556

Her care in Hospice was most wonderful and Betty thought she would like memorials to go to Hospice of Hernando / Pasco

12107 Majestic Blvd

Hudson, FL 34668

or the

American Lung Association of Gulf Coast Florida

6160 Central Avenue

St. Petersburg, Florida 33707

I know you all join me in sadness at the loss of this special gal who happy danced her way into our hearts...and always did so much to lift our spirits.

Godspeed Betty...you will be missed in great measure around here, but you are surely Heaven's gain.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She was a wonderful, beautiful lady, inside and out. She touched so many lives. She will be so rewarded in heaven as she was an angel here on earth.

We will miss you Betty, so glad you are finally home and at peace.

How fitting that she passed away on Memorial Day...she will always be rememebered, this time of the year.

Maryanne

I, like Addie, wondered about Betty since it had been a while that we heard. I have cried many tears this morning over the news. I did not "know" Betty as well as many here, but her 'happy dances' over everyone's good news always brought a smile to my face.

I want to believe, I WILL believe that Betty will continue those 'happy dances' for each of us. I hope we will be able to visualize them and actually FEEL the rhythm.

I know I join with all of you today in prayers for Betty. I also wish peace for her family. I will offer up my day today for her.

For Memorial Day - one more SPECIAL person to remember. She fought her own war and I, for one, will remember her.

Kasey

Something drew me to the boards this morning. And now I know why.... I am so saddened to hear of Bettys passing. But so grateful for all she has given me in my time knowing her. May she be at peace and I am sure she is watching over us all.... Maybe even doing that "happy dance" in heaven with my Daddy. Godspeed my friend. Love, Sharon

I am so very sorry about our dear Betty. I sent her a card a while ago and you think I had sent her $1M she was so thankful.

She fought a long and valiant fight and never, ever did she lose her spirit and kindness. She was a major cheerleader for all here.

I too am happy that loved ones were there to hold her hand while she started this journey. Betty you will be very missed.

I don't have the words. Betty was one of the first people to greet me here. She was a wonderful person with a great positive attitude. I have missed her so much these last few weeks. I'm so glad she is out of pain and with our Father in Heaven. We miss you Betty.

Betty never said an unkind word about anyone and was such a positive addition here.

I am so sorry for her loss and hope that the support and love that we sent her when she became sick, managed to stay with her till the end.

I'll miss you Betty.

I am saddenrd to read this news. Thank you , Addie for letting us know. Betty was so kind to everyone and was a person who brought a smile to everyone's face even if we had not met her, even on the phone. She will be missed by all of us. Condolences to her family...