A Short Update on Frank L. 06/01/05

Frank Lamb

Hello everyone.As most of you are aware the drs.(several of them)said they were not able to do anymore at this time.My rad onc.called and said he had cut my last treatments short because he thought I would be a candidate for one of those other procedures.

Since I am not he is ageed to give me 14 more radiation treatments (finish the original plan).My chemo onc is also willing to try 3 more rounds of Taxol.(The last time I did this all heck went wrong with me.)There was shrinkage of the tumor with the last treatments so if I am able to withstand it this time mabe I can acquire even more shrinkage which in my mind =='s more time.

I also got persistant about Tarceva.The chemo onc is not real big on it because she says it only works on 15% of the people.(how does she know I'm not one of them.)So she will consider it??.

Good for you, Frank. Hang in there! Give 'em heck!

I'm like you -- if the good odds are only 1%, then I want to be in that 1%, and to heck with the majority numbers! I figure it's their job to help me get there too. No guarantees or promises, but they are physicians -- it is their JOB!

Thanks for the update. We're always interested in you, yanno!

Di

Brian is starting Tarceva about 2 months from now. There is room in the 15% for all of us!!

Frank, you are an inspiration. We are struggling.......but also are taking notes and imitating all our strong friends on LCSC.

Congratulations are being a strong advocate for

the NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP GROUP!!!

Love and support

Brat

Frank,

You may very well be in the 15% of Tarceva Responders. So perhaps you might consider insisting that she prescribe Tarceva. Before you do this I would like to suggest to you that you contact your Federal Congressional Representative and ask for their assistance in making certain you receive this drug. (If memory serves me you are receiving your care through the VA, yes? Makes it a Federal issue. One the Congressional Rep should be able to help you with.)

Anyway...don't wait too long, my friend.

I also got persistant about Tarceva.The chemo onc is not real big on it because she says it only works on 15% of the people.(how does she know I'm not one of them.)So she will consider it??.

///////////////

Frank :

JMO but if you go with Tarceva, and assuming that you've got some clearly identifiable symptoms ( esp. respiratory ), you should see a dramatic improvement in these symptoms within a week or so if Tarceva is going to WORK and give you the ASAP improvement that you need. If there's no noticeable improvement in symptoms within this time frame ( esp. respiratory ) I would start pressing your med onc for a change.

Best of luck to you.

Keeping everything crossed Frank.

You could very well be one of the 15%... glad you stuck to your guns on that one. The percentage is probably low because doctors say that to their patients then the patient loses confidence and does not take the treatment. If more people took the treatment I bet those odds would go up. :roll:

Anyway thinking of you as always... I don't have to tell you to keep that positive additude up, as you always, always do.

Last time I saw that Fat Lady, she was locked up in a cage, hancuffed to a hungry Lion in Siberia somewhere... :D

Maryanne

Frank,

I already volunteered my services. Again, do you want me to come up there and slap your doctor around for crying out loud?? :roll:

Anyway, keep insisting on what you need and be persuasive. Pretend your selling them that used car that has been on the lot way too long and zero in for the kill. I'm sure you were a wonderful car salesman, don't let those skills go to waste, use them!!! :lol:

I think about you every day. Give em hell Harry, oops Frank!! :shock:

Insist your doctor let you try the Tarceva. You won't know if you're one of the 15% till you try. I think about you all the time...glad you have a few more treatments to try. I will be glad to join Debi in slapping your doctor...should we bring chickens?

Frank,

I just know you will be in the 15% - you have such a positive attitude. So glad to see that you're pro-active with your care. My oncologist told me "your diligence is what has gotten you this far" I have a tendency to be a little pushy when I want a test or whatever.

Just keep up the good attitude - I can't tell you how many times your posts have pulled me out of a funk. You hang in there and just know that I am praying for you.

Hugs and prayers,

Nancy B

Ha! Frank, you should tell the doctor there wouldn't even be 15% if all the doctors had her attitude. Holy crap!

Keep kicking that cancer back, Frank. Kick it today, tomorrow and the day after all the way into next year. I'd do some kicking for you, but I'd probably fall on my a** and break something, and then you would have to start praying for me.

I will say some kick-cancer's butt prayers for you. I'm glad you've got more options and I will pray that they work!

Love,

Peggy

15%

And Who in God's name makes up that 15%? I don't think it's dogs and cats!! :roll:

She'll CONSIDER IT??? Are you KIDDING ME?? Well... that's really white of her! :x

Okay Frank, I'm going to hire Debi to come up there and slap the hell out of your Onc Doc. Okay?? Okay!!

Go get her Deb!!! :P

Just look at that 15% number above. To me it means you might be one of them, and I'm guessing her crystal ball is running low on batteries....

I'm sorry to hear this news, but I guess at least they are willing to resume your treatments.

Sending you positive Vibes Frank. And where the hell is that Fat witch that was singing? Debi, go pop her too!

Hugs to You and Connie.

Frank...you keep pushing those docs as long as you feel willing to try more tx. That's YOUR call...not the doctor's. Giving up ain't your style...and surely not when there is BUD LITE OUT THERE LEFT TO DRINK....am I right?

Seriously...with the right attitude and a little luck, anything is possible. I'm glad you'll be getting more tx and feel up to getting it.

And when Debi comes to slap the onc doc, isn't there supposed to be a chicken involved in the routine too? Somehow? In some way?

Okay, I'm off to the pub now...following the trail of beer nuts you left me, Frank. :wink: Thanks.!

:evil::evil: OK I HAVE A QUESTION--OR YOU SEEING A DOCTOR--OR IS SHE FRICKING GOD?????? :?::?::?: What the heck is she talking about?? Maybe you will be that 15% :!::!: knock her off her high horse and tell her this is your body and soul she's talking about--and you have a say so----even better maybe she can write you a refund check for the stupid comment she made about "she'll consider it"

God help her--I can't take much more of the egos of these :?: PROFESSIONALS :?:

GO GET'EM FRANK :D:D