PET Scan

carolhg

Yes! I have a nodule that we have been watching for over two years that is not cancer. I'm not alone, as you will find many on this board have this very same issue. It's just a nodule at this point and we are just watching it. :wink:

This wouldn't be all that uncommon.

Thank you so very much Connie for your reply. I am so nervous and anxious as I read it. Are you saying that the SAME NODULE that you had to light up on the PET Scan you still have and you are cancer free?

Yes Carol. I have been cancer free for 10 years. The nodule showed up about 2-1/2 years ago. It's not uncommon for people with or without cancer to have a nodule pop up. I have a very good friend in Iowa that is a 7 year LC survivor and she has had 4 nodule's for the last 5 years, and one of them is gone so she only has 3 now.

I know it's scary, but try not to get to upset. You'll see in my profile below what my nodule is in size.

Hang in there!

Thank you again for your reply Connie. I knew that non cancerous nodules could pop up but I did not know that they could light up on the Pet scan and still be non cancerous. You have given me a lot of relief as I wait to hear from my doctor. I will let you know as soon as I know. God Bless you!!! :D

Carol,

I just want to add, that PET scan's are NOT 100% either. They do show what they call HOT SPOTS! Not always are those HOT SPOTS CANCER! So, keep that in mind as well.

My Nodule showed up on a PET scan as well, and it's just kind of hanging out, for what ever reason! :roll:

I'll be waiting to hear from you. GOOD LUCK!

Hugs,

Con

I am very grateful to you for this information. I cannot find the words to say thank you. I am waiting for my doctor to let me know what is going on with this nodule and I am holding on to Faith that it is not cancerous so that I can have my surgery and become cancer free. God Bless you!!!

I'll add you to my Prayer list and hope that this is just a nodule that wants to hang out and do NOTHING but drive us nuts! :roll: I noticed in your message to the Experts and in your porfile this nodule is in your other lung? No don't panic, I was just asking!

I just want to make sure I have all the facts.

I'm going to just hold on to the fact that this is just a HOT SPOT, but, your doc will know more then I do as to what the results will be. ((Carol)))

When do you get the results?

Let us know!

Hugs,

Connie

I thought that I would have had the answer by now. My doctor was consulting with some other doctors. So I am back in the 'Hurry Up and Wait Club'. Hopefully I will know something Monday. He is trying to avoid me having to do a needle biopsy if at all possible, but it may come to that. Thank you so much for your prayers. I truly am trying to stay stron, positive and sane.

Hi Carol: I guess I know what your going through. Last Feb ct scan and pet scan showed uptake in my hilar region, chest wall, and at a new nodule. The substitute oncodoc I saw told me that surgery was out and that I should start chemo. I decided to go see my surgeon and talk to him about it. It turned out that the chest wall stuff was just inflamed scar tissue and my hilar area was clear. Unfotunately, the nodule was malignant and I had the rest of my left lung removed. Anyway, my point is, that when stuff lights up, it is not proof of cancer.

I hope the docs bring you good news.

Don M

PS You know, I am not so sold on needle biopsies now. I have had 3 of them. One before my first operation and 2 before my second operation. All three of them were inconclusive and the only way they could tell for sure about the malignancey was to operate. And, if the needle biopsys had been negative, there would have been an operation anyway.