Maryanne

Connie B

Dear Maryanne,

After Elaine mentioned trying to update her porfile, I got to thinking we haven't had an update on your hubby in some time.

How is he doing? I noticed he was to see the doc in three months from Feb. but I see he had a CT in March and it was NED??!! :? Also, I noticed he is doing chemo?? This isn't for lung cancer, is it?

(Maryanne's hubbies Porfile)

Husband 58 dx. 10/18/04

stage 1B NO/MO-

Lobectomy Left upper lobe on 12/15/04

biospys lymph nodes - negative NED

1/13/04 Onocologist appt.to see about preventive Chemo.

Cancelled due to chronic fagitue

1/14 discontinued Fentynal patch

due to bad reaction

1/15 Blood test showed high T levels

2/1 Endoconrinologist visit

diagnoised over-active thyroid

2/8/05 took Radioactive Iodine to kill thyroid

2/16/05 appitite back, fatigue leaving

2/24/05 visit with Pulmonary Doc. Beathing at 96% capacity,

Next visit 3 mos.

3/9/05 Endocrinologist visit -T levels went from 25 down to 5.

3/30 started Synthoid(thyroid med)

3/31 Onchologist. appt. CT results NED...

4/14 starting adjuntive Chemo (carbo/taxol) 4 treatments

3 weeks apart.

Hope all is doing well with him.

Your always offering help and support for everyone here, (God Bless You), but we never hear how things are going with your hubby or you. Time to spill the beans! :wink:

Hope it's all good news!

Hi Connie,

Just saw your post. Thank your for your concern.

Actually, I was going to post after Joel finished with his rounds of chemo.

Joel is doing wonderful. He had 3 of his 4 round of carbo/taxol chemos. His last one is June 15, then he is done. :mrgreen:

He has tolerated it well. No neaseau at all. :) He gets flu like pain from the taxol. That affects his legs on the 2 or third day. This last about 3 to 5 days. He takes his perks and I massage his legs at night before he goes to bed, and that seems to help big time. Fatigue hits him at different times. He just kinda naps when that happens.

He buzzed his hair but never lost the buzz, still has his mustasche :D eyebrows and eyelashes. He loves not having to shave. I call him my fuzzy, wazzy...I know really dumb :roll:

He had his last CT in March, so he is due this month. Will do that after chemo, so probably towards the end of the month.

His thyroid is stable with the synthoid meds and he is back to his orignal weight of 180.

His visit to the pulmonary last week was excellant. He does not want to see him for 6 months

Again, thank you Connie, for asking.

Take care and be good to yourself. :wink:

Maryanne

PS I will posting a picuture of us, as soon as he gets around to scanning in the one I asked him to upload into his computer for me. (mine does not have a scanner) its been sitting on his desk all week. :roll:

Hey Kiddo,

This sure sounds like GREAT NEWS TO ME! Hip Hip Hooray!!!

I am so happy to hear he is tolerating his treatments well. We always hear the horror stories of Chemo (and rightfully so) but we also need to hear the OKAY stories of doing it was well. So, on that note, are you pretty good at massaging legs? :wink: That sure sounds like a PERK to me! :wink::wink: Any chance of getting in line for that? :lol::P

I never lost my eyebrows or eyelashes either. :) I bought some false eyelashes when I started my chemo many moons ago, but I never had to use them. So, what do men do IF they lose there eyelashes? I never thought of that one before! :roll:

I really am very happy to hear this good news. God knows we need to hear Good News more then we do.

Your always so kind and caring to everyone that comes here, and I am glad to see things are going well for you and Joel.

Also glad to hear his Thyroid problem is on the right track. I have several friends that have that same problem. It can knock you on your can when it's not working right. :roll:

Continued good news and onward and upward to GOOD HEALTH for Joel. Hey, I can't wait to see that Picture! Will keep my eyes open for it.

Take care and Joel, Keep up the good work!

Best Wishes,

Connie

That is just wonderful news, Maryanne. When Connie posted, that got me to wondering too. Good news is always music on the board!!!

Here's to a good finish to the treatment and a GREAT scan to boot! I think I can hear Cindi saying something about a celebration!!! Can't wait to meet you there!

Kasey

Finally got a pic uploaded of Me & Joel. It did not scan real clear and sharp like the orginal. :roll: It is a little outdated, (about 2 years, not too bad) my hair now is long, pass my shoulders and Joel's hair now is fuzzy, But you can see how much hair he normally has.

Regards, :wink:

Maryanne

WOW, You are BOTH very nice looking!!!

Okay, which movie star does Joel look like? I'm drawing a blank, which is nothing new!! :roll:

But really, he does look like.............

Very nice picture Maryanne! It's soo nice to put a face with the print! :D

Jeff Foxworthy is a funny southern man. He and some of his friends form the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour"...

You may recognize him from some of his work:

If you have a house that is mobile and fourteen cars that aren't, you might be a redneck.

If you've ever been too drunk to fish, you might be a redneck.

If the most common phrase in your house is "just jiggle the handle", you might be a redneck.

If you've ever had to climb a water tower to defend your sister's honor, you might be a redneck.

Oh gosh, there's millions more...he hangs out with Larry, the Cable Guy (Git 'r done!) and Bill Engvall ("Here's your sign") and some other guy I can see in my mind and just can't pull up his name... Very funny show, you can buy it on DVD or catch it on the Comedy Channel off and on.

You are so funny Peggy, you always make me laugh. :lol:

But I had no clue who Jeff is. We don't get that show here living in the East. Or maybe we do somewhere on cable.

Connie thinks he looks like Joel, I will have to Google him to see what he looks like.

He isn't married to his sister, is he. :roll::lol: just funnin here.

take care

Maryanne