Pleural Fluid Cytology

cindi o'h

This is GOOD news, right, Cindi?? No cancer in the fluid!!!! YEA big time! How about next week...I am not sure what all that entails. Should we celebrate or wait?

I still think no cancer in fluid sounds like a pub night to me. Will wait to hear from you!

((((Cindi)))),

Kasey

No cancerous cells - I'm definitely going to the pub! I'm happy to go again next week Cindi so see what you can do, right :wink:

Er, I really am supposed to be down the pub right now so I'd better be off. I'm massively relieved for you Cindi. Keep us posted.

Dee

All ...oh yes...beer, chocolate milk, coffee and ice cream all around.

I was very relieved to get this news. I was so afraid that I would have to start chemo. I am physically frail (like Michael Jackson :P ) and I really am not up to chemo right now.

If I understand all of this correctly, it means that there is a 50% chance that there is cancer and a 50% chance that there is no cancer. That is what I meet the surgeon about. The onc. practically demanded a thoracoscopy right off the bat, but, I didn't want to have major surgery. If the cells were cancerous, then that would have saved me from the surgery. So, now I will divine the brilliance of the surgeon to see what he has up his sleeve. He will help me to decide to proceed to see what that infiltrate-looking thing is in my lung.. ie: is it recurrence or a squished lung? Find out we either cut or wait to see if this thing will grow or shrink.

At least I think that is what we are going to do on Wednesday. Either way, I am getting a nice hair cut, wearing a pretty dress and putting on some make-up, cuz this surgeon is such a cute guy. And so nice. (very young and married with 3 kids) but, hey, I am still a woman!! Gotta look pretty for the nice ones!

(I might wiggle my butt too!) I am my grandmother's offspring!

Cindi o'houlighan

At least I think that is what we are going to do on Wednesday. Either way, I am getting a nice hair cut, wearing a pretty dress and putting on some make-up, cuz this surgeon is such a cute guy. And so nice. (very young and married with 3 kids) but, hey, I am still a woman!! Gotta look pretty for the nice ones!

(I might wiggle my butt too!) I am my grandmother's offspring!

ROFL!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't know what you'll decide come Wednesday, but those words "No cancerous cells found" sure have a nice ring to them.

CELEBRATE!!

Love,

Peggy

I have been wondering what was up with you!!

Sounds like the initial news is good. 50/50 change on the other isn't so bad either. As a friend says all of the time - Let's be on the 50% that's not cancer!!

Hang in there, you have alot of people pulling for good news.

I love the dress up program for the surgeon. I can't have a cute doc......makes me way to nervous :? I usually end up with the ugly, heavier, older man or a woman. Ha-Ha, after all I have been through with the cancer journey you would think the modesty would have totally disappeared. NOPE!

Keep us posted, please know that I am praying for good news.

Wendy

PS: How about some nachos and corona at the bar :P

I'm very glad that there are no cancer cells in the fluid. And I'm really glad you're going to get all gussied up, because we girls just feel better when we look good.

But Cindi, you've got to do something about that menu: Chocolate milk, beer, coffee and ice cream? That's the perfect recipe for KIDNEY STONES!

:shock::shock::shock:

Cindi,

So far so good huh? No cancer is a good term no matter where it is. I hope that whatever your decision you will be comfortable with it and having a cute doctor can't be bad. I pray that he is a good diagnostition and can answer your questions in the positive. Wait and see sounds good to me but we want to get to it early if it turns out to be bad. Keeping you in my prayers Cin so open that pub. I might even drink some alcohol in your honor. I like it but the headache I get from one glass of wine is usually not worth it. For you I will make an exception.

Nina

Cindi,

I am absolutely elated about those results. Couldn't have been better. As it was explained to me when I had my Cytology Repott, If it ain't cancer, it could be many non serious acculumations. It is the source of the fluid that counts and if it ain't cancer, it is treatable. So,celebrate. Tequila with anything. Wear a mini skirt and wow that guy. Pour me a half fist of rotgut old tennis shoe tongue bourbon in the minnow bucket and when I get back from my CAT scan Thursday, I'll (hopefully) join in.

Great news. God Bless.

CharlieD