A Little Tense Here.....

Ann

Yesterday, I had a doctor's appoint with my family physician. It was just an appointment for all the general things that happen to us with aging. I have always had very low blood pressure and for the very first time it was high. Not high enough for meds but high for me. Then, immediately after listening to my heart and chest, he said he wanted me to have an EKG and a chest x-ray before I left the office yesterday. I was quite surprised, especially about the chest x-ray, as I have been going to this same doctor for years and have never had a chest xray as part of a routine visit. He then reminded me that I had been exposed to the same second hand smoke that had killed my husband. Although I am a big fan of this doctor and have gone to him forever, I was very taken back by this statement. So, I should get some results today. Please say a little prayer for me.

I like a doc that covers all the bases...even if some of what he does/says might sort of suprise us. Better safe than sorry...but you've got all good thoughts coming your way. Don't worry until there is something concrete to worry about. I know that's easier said than done...but it IS possible. :wink:

Vibing you for good news only!! Vent here whenever you need to!!

Ann,

I can imagine how you felt upon hearing what your PCP had to say, but I'm happy he is being thorough. I would be happier had he ordered a baseline CT scan for you.

I'm keeping it all crossed that your tests are negative for anything bad.

Hi Ann,

I'll be thinking about you but I think the X-ray is a great idea. After my husband passed away in March, I finally got around to some of my own follow-up doctor appts. I asked my internist if it would be prudent to do chest xrays occasionally since 1)I've had thyroid cancer, and 2) I have lived with a heavy smoker for 27 years. I have no regrets about that, just wondering if proactive might be good. My doc blew me off.

However, my gynecologist said 'I'll order one, better to be safe than sorry'. I think your doctor is looking out for your welfare and that is a good thing.

Lynne

What do you mean general things happen to us with AGING?? :shock::shock::lol::lol::lol:

Well, lets not put the horse before the cart, lets just wait and see. Besides we here at LCSC are soooooooo good at Waiting and Watching!! :wink::roll:

Praying he is just taking good care of you and nothing is wrong.

Hugs to you Ann,

Con

Ann,

Praying that all your results come back good and that you show to be the picture of perfect health.

My general practicioner sent me for a chest X-ray in Jan after I went in for what I thought was either allergies or sinusitis. He told me he did it just to ease my mind and put any possible worries to rest especialy since my husband's unexpected diagnosis. He really didn't expect to find anything, but Heck I'm insured why not.

I'm sure all is fine, but will keep all my appendages crossed in the mean time.

Well, her it is Friday afternoon and I still don't have any results from either the chest xray or the EKG. I did, however, get a call from the office saying that I need to double my thyroid meds, start on meds for high colesterol and take antibiotics for 10 days for an infection! So...after I spend my entire paycheck at the pharmacy I can go home and still wonder about the EKG and xray all weekend. The nurse did tell me that she was sure if any red flags had gone up from either test they would have called me. Thanks for everyone's concern and prayers!

Just saw your post and I add my prayers too. As the nurse said, if there were red flags, in all likelihood, you would know it by now. So try to enjoy the weekend!!!

Gail p-m

PS I understand the anxiety but I'd prefer to have a doctor that's overcautious rather than one who brushes everything off.