Sometimes I feel guilty

kimblanchard

:? I read so many posts from friends who are having problems and suffering so much more than I. I wish there was something I could do to turn around their downward slide and make them "All Better" again, but I know I can't. Then I get my own test results and it is all good news.... I hesitate to post these results because it just doesn't seem fair.

Today I saw the ONC and got the results of my CT scan, following a two month break. The results are that I am Officially a NERD. The is no chage in the main tumor (which in fact may be scar tissue) and no other signs of the disease. I will get another scan in two month, hopefully remission will continue.

I am ecstatic and floating on cloud nine about my good fortune and wish all were so lucky. I am stage IV and was given a year two years ago and look at me now....the sixth line chemo regimen turned me around. :D

Love to you all and "DON'T EVER GIVE UP"!!!!

jim

Oh Jim,

I am ecstatic and floating on cloud nine with you , but this post belongs in the good news forum. Listen to me and I know I am not alone. This group is about caring about one another. When someone here is doing well, it's an inspiration and so uplifting to the others that are not doing well. When I see your posts, I think, now look at that Jim got results after 6 different kinds of chemotherapy. If you hadn't taken the time to share that with us, you would be robbing us of joy for you and hope for others and our own loved ones. It's all in God's hands Jim, but it takes a special guy like you to come here and share with us. Don't forget you are a part of the family here and when you are doing better, we feel better. Thanks Jim. Hope to see you at Cindi's . Looks like she's gonna be a bit busy with all this good news around here.

Love and Prayers ,

Sue

Dearest Jimben

We love your good news!!! It gives us hope and we revel in your joy!!

Just as you share our hardships and joys so we share yours!!!

Please continue the reveling and I hope cloud nine is a large puffy cumulus cuz Brian and I are joining the group.

Cindi, please set up a temporary bar on cloud nine..........we are buying..........

Love

Brat

Jim, Do not feel guilty. As a matter of fact your post is such good news to so many people. Do you realize the hope that your words have just given to so many Stage 4 survivors. It says 'I CAN LIVE". Thank you. :D

Jimben,

Absolutely fantastic news. NEVER,NEVER, NEVER feel guilty about meeting this viscious villian on his ground and getting the best of him. It gives the rest of us faith in the fact that Chemo can do wonders and you are the proof. Keep up whatever you're doing.

CharlieD

Jim,this is really great news.I am very happy for you.This is the kind of thing that gives others who are having a rough go of it the inspiration and determination to keep fighting and not lose hope because just around the bend may be the thing that works.

Enjoy the fishing with your sidekick.Wishing you many,many more clean test results.

This is such fantastic news!!!

If it hasn't been obvious (and I know it has), I've been really discouraged and worried about Mom...

And then I read that you are doing SO well... and on your 6th chemo.

Mom's on her second... What have I got to complain about? We just gotta keep trying.

So don't feel guilty... You have given me MUCH hope and encouragement!

Val

I have to tell you that Brian has a new lease on life today.

He is so encouraged by this news. I honestly can feel a change in him.

I wish I could find the words to type to let you know, Jim, what this means to him.

He is feeling so poorly and it has been really getting him down. Today he has renewed his fight and it really shows.

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

Pat

Hey, Jimben.

The only thing you have to feel guilty about is that big ribeye steak dinner you are going to have!

I know what you mean, though. I went through a period of survivor guilt for awhile there. This is the crew that helped me to shake it, by saying that all are happy when someone does so well. It truly is inspiring and gives so many hope. Won't you please continue to hang around to inspire others? If you don't, then maybe you would deserve to feel guilty!! lol.

Meet you on Cloud Nine where the big spenders are hanging out! This one's on the Brats.

love, Cindi o'h

That IS wonderful news and I am so glad you shared it with us. :D:D

On a personal note, it has helped to make me feel brighter today too. Mum's disease has only been progressing recently and at the moment she is having radiotherapy for her spinal mets., which is knocking her about a bit. She is also receiving her chest CT scan results today. I have been very scared but reading your post made me realise that whatever these results show, there are more options out there. And it also made me realise that people DO have success with more than just their first or second line treatment. If you hadn't shared your news with us, I'd still be feeling blue today, so thank you, thank you, thank you. And apart from which, you should ALWAYS be able to post good news, no matter what!

Congratulations again! I am so happy for you.

Jana

xxx

What wonderful news ..

I too am stage IV - just starting my treatments.. you have given me and so many others a little more hope - thank you so much for sharing your good news with us.. continued nerd !!!!

sue

Jim...you are an example of hope and triumph over prognosis...and for that....never, ever, ever feel guilty. Feel triumphant and KEEP IT UP!!

I do understand how you feel...although my cancer relapsed only four months after tx ended....but I understand in the sense that I've had very few side or ill effects from tx, unlike many others here who've had a really hard time with chemo or the steroids or simply the effects of the cancer itself. Mine have been so few...and I know it's part of why I've been able to stay positive and enjoy each day. That's harder to do if you're hurting or puking....eh? :roll:

So...you keep on enjoying your good news and good fortune...and go ahead, take out your triumph on the fish! :wink: You inspire us all...if not to go fishing....then to keep on truckin' and beating this disease!