Need good thoughts and prayers

Justakid

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beth,

Hang tough kiddo. Knew you were right behind me and you always follow the leader. I had good news today, so Alimta will do it for you just like it has been. You've had good luck with it so far so don't give up. As for the surgery, there is little doubt that is going to give you relief from some of the symptoms you have been having for a long time. One day at a time. Git R Done. God Bless.

CharlieD

Beth,

I know these next few days will seem like weeks but know that we are with you 100% of the way. Prayers are surrounding you and cyber hugs are all around. I hope everything goes smoothly for your surgery and that you get nothing but good news from your scan.

Let us hear asap.

Nina

I'm there too for you, Beth! That waiting room is going to be pretty jammed -- with all your friends and cyber family crammed into one spot. Will be keeping all possible body parts crossed for a good scan and an easy surgery. Hope you'll feel much better after that is over.

Ellen

Wishing you great scan results. And on Tuesday, be sure to tell the nurses you need reassurance - I was a wreck on the way to surgery, and the nurses all rallied around to offer support and tell me how great my surgeon and anesthesiologist (sp?) were. It really helped on that last scary trip to the OR. Then next thing you know, it will be done and everyone will be telling you it was all OK.

You've got more spunk than the average one of us, Beth...so hang in there. We've got your back with all the well wishes you can handle....but I know your own spirit and humor will help just as much.

Maybe the cough is allergies?? I never had a cough...but these days I get this dry spot and I'm off coughing like mad. I know it's pollen/allergies/spores....whatever. Keep a bottle of water with you or hard candies to suck on.

On Tuesday....you'll have the collective power of the membership here to get you thru the g.b. surgery...and I'm sure all will go well. You'll feel tons better after you've had a few days to heal from it....and we'll all be waiting for you in Cin's Pub. How does that sound?

Hang in, honey....this all will pass and you'll be back stronger and funnier than ever! :wink:

Thanks everyone. I made it through the CT Scan, started to get upset at the end when I knew the doctor was reviewing everything to make sure the scan was clear. Just can't make it through things like I could before. Been through too much.

Oh yeah, while I'm asleep have the gallbladder cut out I'm getting a port-a-cath. That has me a little upset, haven't wanted one of thoughs, still don't but it makes sense to do it.

Lots of firsts with this whole cancer thing!

The barium (from the CT) and my gallbladder don't like each other! Oh....lower intestinal distress! :)

Thanks for the support, I'll try to think about everyone on Tuesday so I don't get upset....just keep thinking that because of my breathing I'm gonna wake up on a ventilator or not at all. Oh well, gotta stop thinking about that!

Thanks!

Beth..

You are going to wake up with an oxygen thingy in your nostrils and you're going to have a craving for a double cheese pizza and you will be able to eat it without incredible abdominal pain and nausea. It is drive-through surgery...no kidding.

We will be with you in spirit.

Cindi o'h

Beth,

Yes, just keep thinking of all the positive thoughts and prayers coming your way. You are so precious to us and you can count on us keeping you in our prayers. I believe your scans will look so much better and you will do fine with surgery. Remember, they will look out for you. They deal with lots of breathing limitations. Try to relax and think good thoughts.

Love and Prayers ,

Sue

Beth when my mom went in for emergency brain surgery a few weeks ago she was so weak and I was so worried she wouln't make, but she did just fine. To bad we can't turn off that negative voice that just loves to whisper in our ears. You are in my prayers.

Millie

Hi Beth

I know my words probably wont ease your mind, but I felt the same way you are feeling a couple of weeks ago when Mom "went under" for a stent (which they could not do). I just knew because of her breathing she would not make it through. But there were no problems. As the anesthisist (sp) told me, he would be doing the breathing for her and he was not concerned about her condition. I decided he knew more than me and went with his thoughts as they were much better than mine. Have they checked for scar tissue from radiation as a cause for your SOB? At first that was what they thought was causing mom's, but that was not to be. Just her COPD, nothing they can really do to help that.

Anyway, hang in there, this week will all be a distant memory all too soon. You will have good cat scan results and no gallbladder to give you troubles, you will feel like a new percon, I just know it!!

In my thoughts and prayers as always

Take care and god bless

Kim

Here I sit waiting for the doctor to call with my CT results. I tried to go on the board and only read the good stories but they are hard to find "at a glance", can't read any "not so good stories today".

Read Lucie's and Frank's bio and am trying to draw strength from them, they are so strong. I keep telling myself that no matter what the news, I'll deal with it. But I'm terrified and crying (as usual). Thinking about David C and that makes me sad and scared for him.

Today is my daughters 14th birthday and we CAN'T have bad news on this day.....14yrs ago the most beautiful girl was born and nothing can ruin this day! My baby deserves the best day ever and that includes a healthy Mom!

Looking out the window at the trees around the house, they are so full and green. Spring is like a rebirth.....I want to be reborn too!

Thanks for listening!