Surgeon said nodules.

cindi o'h

Call me nuts (it wouldn't be the first time)...but I've had "nodules" and I've had "masses" and "tumors"....and so far the nodules have been BENIGN!!

That's the first thing that struck me, Cin...is that the surgeon didn't say tumors or masses....he said nodules. Did you ASK him if he thinks they are malignant?

I didn't read thru all the replies here...so hope I didn't miss something explanatory....but if he's saying nodules...then waiting a month or so to rescan seems smart.

I had two small nodules in my left lung WAY back in 2003. My PCP told me they were "nothing - not to worry about them, but we'd need to follow up to be sure". Eight month later, we did a follow up CT and those two nodules hadn't changed. BUT....there was that pesky, patchy infiltrate higher up in my lung that turned out to be my primary. :roll:

I still have one of those wee "nodules" in that lung. The other has disappeared.

I'm locking on that thought. You have nodules...that's all. Benign little nodules. I'm betting next month there will be a little shrinkage! Or a smaller cluster of those nodules.

Vibing you, Cin......

Cindi,

Add me to the darn it - let's hope they're benign - list and hoist a glass to that. I hope you have a better doctor to consult with than your surgeon; you need all the information you can get before you make any real decisions. In the meantime, lean on us and we'll help hold you up (that is, if we can still stand straight after a session or two in your bar).

Hugs,

Ellen

Hey Cindi, sorry I'm late. I ran out for jam doughnuts (it being Friday and all) came back, read your post and had to go out for chocolate doughnuts for you. Didn't know what kind you liked before. Oh cr*p, forgot Frank's beer.

I think cautious is right. You have way too little information. Is he saying you're not getting any more infomation till next month? It's only the 10th for crying out loud. Start hassling him for some proper info as soon as you feel up to it. In the meantime you sound tired so get some kip and enjoy your e-doughnuts (I got you six by the way)

Hugs,

Dee.

Thanks everyone.. enjoying all the teas, colas, doughnuts, and booze! (buuuuurp)

I am really tired. I am not thinking straight. It is a whole 'nother story when it is my body, and my doctors, and my health care system that I am dealing with.

I want to call and talk to my doctor, but, I don't think that is possible in this year of layers of auxillary staff. On Monday, I will make attempts for a one on one with the onc and see what he has to say.

My Right foot is swollen. In fact, it goes into the leg as well. I never had anything other than bi-lateral swelling, so I don't know what is causing this. Has anyone else ever had this happen...seems to me, I read a post just recently about this same thing.

I am cautious about proceeding and cautious about waiting. Time for Cunningham, maybe.

Thanks for all your good comments and support, again. Can never get too much.

love, Cindi o'h

Sorry I am late jumping in here Cindi! Yuck, what an icky appointment you had. I hate when you leave and have more questions than when you walked in the door.

By all means, call and ask for the Doc to call you back. He should have time to do that. If he cannot call you, request an appointment asap so you can discuss in person. Make a list of all your questions. Remember we have to be our own advocates! My doc has called me several times this way, it really does save time in the long run and stress on you!

Additionally you could get another opinion - Regions Thorasic surgeon is very good. He spent several hours with me discussing my case before I had surgery and lots of time afterwards too.

As for the foot/leg swelling - get it checked ASAP......you don't need to add another stressor to your list. Sorry if I sound bossy!!!! :oops:

Last but not least, I am pulling for that this is just a scare. I have a couple of nodules that they have watched for the last year.....they don't think it is cancer.

Prayers for good news coming your way,

Wendy

Cindi,

Leave it to you to deliver that kind of news in such an upbeat way. Well darn it, I raise my bottle to you and benign (unfortunately, it's my water bottle - I'm at work, but I think the good wish still counts :wink: )