Hard Day For Me....

Ann

For 25 years, June 10th was always a very special day for my family. The boys and I would always plan all kinds of special, wacky things to do to celebrate Dennis' birthday. This tradition continued until his last birthday! On June 10th, 2002, my friend and I planned a huge surprise party at her house and had over 100 friends in attendance. Dennis was surprised, but seemed a little sad at the same time. I think he probably knew this would be his last birthday. Today, all I have are the wonderful memories of 25 birthdays with the most wonderful man I have ever known. Memories are treasured but how I would love to have him here with me today!!! Yes, I know he is here in my heart, so that will have to suffice. This morning,my radio alarm woke me with the Tim McGraw song, "Please Remember Me." I know that none of you knew my big guy personally but please join me in a toast to one of the most wonderful guys that ever lived!!!! Happy Birthday, Dennis!!!!

Ann, thank you for sharing your feelings about it. I am dreading even the first birthday in September when I will have to go through what you're feeling. At least there's some consolation in knowing that I'm not alone. I so miss not getting my hugs from my guy. Somehow I get through it- and it's only been 6 months for me).

My best,

Cyndy