Avastin being paid for by Insurance Company

Justakid

My doctor called today as soon as I got home from port-a-cath surgery. My insurance company is going to pay for Avastin.....I can't believe it! He was shocked too!

Port-a-cath went OK, the surgeon tried to put it on the left side but could not access the vein (go figure!) and put it in on the right.

I woke up in the OR hysterically crying, the kind where you make funny noises and are gasping for air. I was screaming that yesterday was a bad day and that I had LC and didn't think the new treatment would work. Everyone was so nice and told me to let it out and cry all I wanted too. Funny how things happen. Of course there was one lady who kept telling me to live everyday to it's fullest and do anything I wanted.....that made me uncomfortable...I was like why do YOU think I'm going to die?! I don't pull punches with people! She said no she thought it would work. Apparently everyone read my chart completely and I had a copy of CT Scan sent over there so they had it.

No breathing problems, talked to the Anasthesologist (sp?) about my worries and he was real nice and said he understood and would take care of me, not to worry.

I hate going into an OR fully awake....it's scary! But I'm home now with more scars. I laughed at the doctor and told him that if I ever lost my head they could ID my body with all the scars! :)

Hey...Fay got "de-ported" today...and you got "im-ported"! 8) That makes Fay the former porter and you is the new portee!! :lol:

I think I'm a bit overdosed here on barium. Forgive me. :roll:

What great news, Justa...about the Avastin. Big relief, eh? And I'm glad the installation of the port went well. It was probably a good relief of tension that you came out crying when you awoke from the anesthesia...and I'm glad too, that there weren't any breathing issues.

Living life to the fullest is always a good idea...and maybe more so for those of us here...huh? Just remember, nobody's got any guarantees...but at least we've been alerted to the fact that health can take a nose dive....so it wakes us up to the need to really, truly live each moment.

Just remember this....that port is NOT to be used for infusion of anything Cindi carries in the Pub....okay? :wink: When your anesthesia wears off....I'm buying, okay? I can see Frank now...he's already salivating and heading towards the pub!~ 8)

Beth,

I was glad to read the port-a-cath surgery went well. I am so happy your insurance company is going to cover Avastin. This could be the beginning of a lucky streak for you. You sure deserve it. I hope this is the one that does the trick for you.

Diane

Beth,

You don't know how happy your news from the insurance company has made me. Boy have you been in my prayers. It wonderful that the portacath is over with as well. Now its time to kick cancer butt. Praying that this is the ticket.

Nina

Glad you have some good news. Sometimes people react like that when they go through the different levels of conscieness when they are waking up.Obviously you have alot on your mind and it was released when your defenses were down. Take it one day at a time. I feel the new treatment will work for you. Your due for good things to happen. Your

in my prayers and everyone here is, daily.

Mare

Hi Beth,

Sorry I'm late, but I've been gone from the board for a while. I saw your other post, too, where you have to delay the gallbladder surgery because of the cancer.

I can't even imagine how tough it is to cope with all this, so I won't even try to say that I understand. I'll just tell you that I am praying for you and I hope that all turns out well.

Love,

Peggy

Beth. very happy that this is one less worry for you.

So glad that you were surrounded by angels when you awoke. Sounds like they were just what you needed when you needed them. Sometimes these stories just warm my heart.

Enjoy that port. (the mechanical one)

love, Cindi

Beth,

I'm so glad you got your coverage. It's the last thing you should have to worry about, but the first thing we all do. you sound like my kind of woman, straight shooter AND brave enough to be scared (if that makes any sense). prayers and love to you,

xoxo

bunny