NO RADIO FREQUENCY ABLATION (RFA) FOR BUDDY

norme

HI YOU ALL,

BEINGS I AM FROM KY I THOUGHT THAT WOULD GET A FEW LAUGHS. GOODNESS KNOWS WE NEED SOME.

THOUGHT I WOULD LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT RFA AND THE LIVER. FIRST OFF, THE LIVER HAS THREE SECTIONS, LEFT, MIDDLE AND RIGHT. BUDDY'S TUMORS ARE IN THE LEFT SECTION. RFA WORKS VERY WELL ON GETTING THE TUMORS EXTRACTED FROM THE LIVER BUT THERE IS A CATCH FOR MY BUDDY.

HE ALSO HAS BONE CANCER AND BECAUSE OF THAT, RFA WILL NOT BE DONE. RFA WORKS WELL WHEN A PERSON ONLY HAS ONE MET, BUDDY HAD BRAIN, BONE AND LIVER.... HAD HE ONLY HAD LIVER, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED. ALSO, HIS TUMORS IN THE LIVER ARE SMALL, THE LARGEST BEING 1.7 CM. HOW BIG 1.7CM IS I DON'T KNOW. WILL HAVE TO FIND THAT OUT. THEY DON'T DO RFA ON TUMORS THAT SMALL. THEY ALSO HAVE A RANGE THEY DON'T DO WHEN TO BIG. I FORGET WHAT I READ ON THAT... SO HE DOESN'T HAVE THAT OPTION NOW.. WE WILL LOOK INTO CHEMO NEXT THURSDAY. THAT WILL BE HIS DECISION AS TO WHETHER HE WANTS TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN. HE IS NOT STRONG IN STRENGTH, BUT STRONG IN MIND AT THE PRESENT TIME. HE HAS NOT RECOVERED ANY STRENGTH SINCE THE LAST ROUND OF RADIATION FOR THE BONE CANCER....

PEG GAVE A SIGHT FOR ANYONE INTERESTED FOR THEMSELF OR A LOVED ONE AND IT IS

WWW.CANCERABLATION.COM
. I E-MAIL THEM WITH BUDDY STATS AND A DR WILLIAMS ANSWERED ME TOO. THANKS PEG....

Norme, I am sorry about the RFA, my Dads onlcologist said the same thing, that it would be done if he didn't have other mets, but he is keeping it in mind for the future. Maybe if the other mets are taken care of.

My Dad started chemo again last friday, he had his second treatment today. Although he has been weak after having the fluid drained from his lungs, and hadn't been eating, that is until last friday, his doctor started him on navabline (sp?) and said that it has a good track record with NSCLC, and the side effects are VERY MINIMAL, so he felt that even in Dads weakened state, he would tolorate it well. You might want to ask the onco. about this, and of course your Buddy.

Good luck, Norme, it seems that your Buddy and my Dad are in very similar situations right now. I must say that Dad has been eating normal again, and gaining weight. After all he'd been through in the past few months, we doubted that he'd bounce back at all, but he has/is bouncing back. Please try to keep your chin up. Sometimes a downturn can turn into a bit of an upswing around the bend. Take care, and keep us posted. Deb

Hi Norme,

Thanks for giving an update on Buddy. I'm really sorry to hear that RFA is not a possbility for him at this time. But perhaps after he starts his next round of chemo that will take care of his other mets and make him a candidate - there's always hope and we have to keep saying that to ourselves. It's great that Buddy is strong in mind and that's so important when fighting this dreadful disease. Mind over matter is a powerful thing, and if his mind is strong now, hopefully his body will catch up. He's been through so much, I pray that things take a turn for the better.

You're in my thoughts and prayers,

Kelly

Guest Jonathan

Try asking about CPT-11 and gemzar. they can help him i am sure. Other drugs that can help him are ...

cytoxin

Navelbine

taxotere

ask...ask...ask.... Knowledge is power and you and buddy have the power!!

get well soon....

'Jonathan