Hi, this is Karen

Remembering Dave

Karen,,,having been where you are, only 3 1/2 short years ago, I wish I had known about this board and all the wonderful people. We are here for you, like a family. Grieving will take alot of energy. Please remember to rest and eat, even when you don't feel like it. I found out the hard way about that. You are an amazing woman,whom I believe has alot of inner strength. Take each day, one at a time, and go slowly.

God bless and peace to you and little Faith.

Annjael

:cry: Karen, you are an amazing, strong woman. Your little Faith is such a lucky baby to have you.Dave would be so proud of you. God bless you and hang in there. God will take care of you and Faith, as he did Dave. I pray I can be as strong as you. Nancy C

Karen,

Thank you for taking the time and finding the strength to post and let us know how you and Faith are doing. You are going through the motions and I am sure relieved that his pain is over, however a little bit down the line I think it will all hit you hard and I hope you use this forum to let us help you. I can only imagine what it was like to watch someone you love suffer like Dave did. I, too wanted to volenteer for hospice when my Brother died but have not done so as of yet.

How wonderful you handeled Faith's questions. You are a truly amazing Mother.

God bless you all ,

Jane

xxx

Karen, Faith, Becky and the rest of the Chapman family,

There are no words to convey the sorrow I feel at hearing about David. It is so so sad.

I am not going to say how strong you all are because I don't think any of us are strong. We are survivors!! Somehow God helps us to walk the path we are on and continue on living.

I pray that the Lord holds you close in His heart and that you find comfort in your memories of Dave. He was a very special man and I know he is missed.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Praying for us all.

Much love,

Shirleyb

Karen,

I am so sorry for you loss. Will pray for you and Faith and your families. I didn't know Dave to well but I always read your posts and was rooting for him.

Please accept my sincere sorrow.

Love,

Mare

Karen: Please accept my condolences. It looks like you are set to move on. I always enjoyed Dave's posts for those few times when he posted.

I lost my brother to lc 5 years ago. I still think of him and sometimes talk to him in my head. When I was diagnosed with early stage lc, my pcp said "someone up there must be watching out for you". I immediately thought of my brother when she said that. It was just a accident that I found out about it.

I hope you and Faith enjoy your new house and find a lot of joy.

Don M

Karen first of all GOD BLESS YOU AND FAITH..wife and i just went through with wife's oldest sister what your preparing to do.Double hard on my wife as she also has SCLC which her sister had but going to the funeral and seeing the look of relief on her sister's face from all the week's of pain she suffered was a closure all the family needed.Your a strong person and i'm certain David knew that and was comforted in knowing that, take care and your future plan's sound great......

I just learned about Dave passing and I want to let you know that my heart goes out to you, Faith, Becky and all of your family. May you find the strength to get through the days and weeks ahead. I know that right now you are on automatic, going through the motions and getting things done. I think that somehow that numbness is a defense that our minds use to protect themselves. It gives us time to do what is needed until we can really start to grieve. You are doing a great job of handling things and of helping Faith through this time. The pain will get better someday but I must warn you that it will get worse for a while when that numbness wears off. Just go with it, let yourself grieve. God will give you whatever you need to see you through. You will be in my prayers.

Karen,

I've been trying to come up with something that might make you feel better, but I have nothing. I just want you to know that you and Faith, and Dave's family are in my thoughts. I hope you can find some peace knowing Dave is no longer in pain.

Cindy

Dear Karen,

Come back to us when you can but save your strength right now for all that you must go through - and helping Faith as you do so. Like the others, I am amazed at your strength and know that it will help you get through all this too, just as it helped you get through those final days with Dave who is now at peace.

Lean on those friends and everyone else who rallies around you -- that way you can save some strength for later -- and for helping others as you so wonderfully want to do.

Love,

Ellen

Karen, I'm at a loss for words, my heart aches for you. I can't even imagine the pain you're going through. I'm praying for God's peace and comfort for you and little Faith and all of your families. God is the only One who can heal the hurt.

I couldn't even post for a couple of days after I first read about his passing. It's amazing how we can become so 'attached' to our on line friends, never even meeting you, but feeling like I know I you through your posts. You are such a strong and courageous woman, strong in your faith, which will take you far. God is holding you right now, and always.

I'm seeing David playing that trumpet in that heavenly band, no more pain, no more sorrow, nothing but pure joy forever more, and one day soon you'll all be together again, in our real Home.

God bless you. you're in my prayers.

Christy

I'm selfishly posting partly to bump this back up to the top, and partly to add a few thoughts.

for all of you who didn't know Dave personally, and that is most of you, I sure wish you had. I found myself saying to the owner of the funeral home, the director of his funeral, the cemetary owner, people like that, I sure wish you had known him, he was a great guy and you would have immediately loved him.

Faith and one of her little teachers from daycare (Miss Kim, who is 20, going to nursing school and has babysat Faith alot for us along with her whole family, she lives with her parents), the three of us went to Cracker Barrel for dinner last night and actually had a blast. Faith was in a great mood, really funny, I bought her and Kim each a pair of those funny glasses that are painted like eyes and when you move you head the eyes blink, we went outside and sat in the rocking chairs and she and kim wore the glasses and blinked at each other and we all just laughed and laughed. then we drove over to the "new house" to peek in windows to show Kim, and the guy who lives across the street came home, the day Dave and I looked at the house together, this guy was outside doing yard work and Dave, Mr. Friendly, took off across the court hobbling on his cane to introduce himself and ask questions - so this guy pulled up, saw us, jumped out of his truck and came over and called out, so did you buy it? yes, I said, and then he asked where my husband was and I told him and he was immediately devastated and then his wife and seven year old daughter and baby girl came out and we just talked and talked and they were the best people ever, in fact, she is director of a local daycare.

ok Faith is awake now so I should cut this short, but when I got home and got her to bed, I started opening mail and the emotion just poured out with the cards I was reading so I picked up the phone and called Dave's best friend and he calmed me down and I have to say that Dave's friends are really going to pull me through this, they have been great and have promised to always be there for Faith and I. I must say that because of Dave, I am he luckiest person in the whole wide world.

gotta run, will post more later.

God Bless,

Karen

Karen,

How nice that Dave was able to smooth the way into your new house and help you connect with your neighbors. It feels like he is still there looking out for you and Faith (as you looked out for him). Please keep updating us as to how you and faith are doing.

Karen H