mike

nancy c

:( Hello, Well my husband Mike is now at this stage.Hospice has been here 3x this week. Comfort is what our goal is now. While Mike was in the hospital last week he told the nurse he didn't want any cpr,feeding tubes,etc. Dr talked to me and it's now time to try comfort measures only. He is home. On morphine pump and xanax for anxiety. On O2 most of the time. Has alot of swelling in arms and feet and ankle. He is on a water pill; but it really has not helped. Uses cane and assist of one for ambulation. I think he got alittle stronger at home, but I wish he was stronger so we could take one more trip together. I have been watching him die before my eyes since April 19-his last chemo treatment. He is the love of my life and it's not fair for this to happen. But I want him comfortable and relaxed in his last days, weeks, or months of his life. God bless all of you, Nancy C

I hear you, Nancy, loud and clear. It's just hard, so hard to watch this happen. I wish you God's peace and love, and especially His strength to get through the days and weeks ahead.

You are a sweetheart and I know Mike loves you as much as you do him, and appreciates all that you are doing for him.

Hang in there, Nancy!

Love,

Peggy

Hello Nancy. I am sorry you are going through this and sorry that your hubbie is so ill. I too went through this with my man and I keep thinking how sorry I am that he went through it too. There are things we can't control.

I found solice in realizing that I was not alone going through it. This site has been a help to many. God bless you and help you through this difficult time.

Nancy,

This is such a crappy time. Excuse the word, but I just couldn't think of a better one. It is 10 months today since Earl died. The last few weeks of his life were torture. Denial - it just couldn't happen. Hope - you just never know. Sadness - of course. Guilt - was there anything else 'I' could have done. Fear - what will happen. There had to have been something I could have done to stop this, to change it.

I don't have any advise for you. We each do this how we need to do it - don't worry about what other people think. I am not a 'pollyanna' but I really did and continue to thank God that I had the love of my life, not everyone can say that.

You are in my thoughts, I can sympathize like I wish I couldn't. Let us know how we can help you.

Nancy --

I'm so sorry to read about this difficult (crappy) time that you and Mike are having. I couldn't agree more that it isn't fair. As my husband has always said to me, Who said that life has to be fair? I am amazed to look at that picture with him and Nicole at the wedding. It seems amazing that people sometimes "hold on" for that special event and for Mike, that special event seemed to be Nicole's wedding.

Please know that you two are in my thoughts and prayers.

Gail p-m[/i]

I'm so sorry you're facing this part of the journey now. It's not right, it's not fair, and it's horrid. Please be kind to yourself. I pray you will have enough help to be able to concentrate on just being there for Mike. I'm so happy for you that he was able to participate in the wedding. May you find treasures along this difficult path.

Nancy...

There isn't much to say, but how sorry I am that you and Mike are having to deal with all this. :(

Know we are here to help, if we can...even just by "listening".

Cancer doesn't know from what is "fair" or "unfair". :( I wish it did...because then a lot of people who now battle cancer...would never have been put in that situation.

Thinking of you...and sending wishes and thoughts for as much quality time as possible.

Nancy,

Sorry I'm so late posting. I have been and will continue to pray for Mike and for you. Don't know what to say. It's times like this that I think the quick unexpected death (e.g. hit by the beer truck) is better than the slow deaths we are all experiencing either directly or as a caregiver.

May you both have peace and comfort and feel the love of God. Everything has a purpose...just wish we could understand the suffering. Didn't mean to be so negative. Hugs and prayers for you both. Take care.

Hi Nancy,

I just saw your post and wanted you to know how sorry I am that you and Mike are going through this very difficult time. Unfortunately, like Ginny, I went through the range of so many emotions and trying to figure out what was best for Jim, and in your case, Mike.

Jim was in the hospital the last week and couldn't communicate, so I was always trying to balance how much medicine he needed to be comfortable, but then would think "but I don't want him to be so medicated that he can't communicate!'. You may be facing such decisions now, but 'comfortable and peaceful' is what they need right now so I hope you have people with you helping you to make Mike comfortable.

The best medicine for him is knowing that he has his best friend in life right beside him.

You are in my thoughts,

Lynne

Dear Nancy,

I am so very sorry that you must witness this as I also did with my brother . the difference was that when he gave up the chemo etc he just let go and there wasent any pain but surly lots of sadness in his heart and ours.

It is so unfair as you say but what death is fair? God will reward you're dear sweet Mike in Heaven and eventually you will be together again eternally.

I also am so glad he was able to be there and participate in you're daughter's wedding.

God Bless You all through this terrible time in you're life.

God bless and keep you all,

Jane