Today I said Goodbye to my Aunt

Carolsdaughter

Just a little more then two years ago I lost my mom to LC. Today I spoke at the funeral of her only sibling her sister. My aunt died of pulmonary fibrosis which was also complicated with diabetes. Their father, my grandfather also died at an early age from LC. Pulmonary Fibrosis is also a disease of the lungs. I worry about this dreadful disease and the way it runs through and destroys families.

Feeling very sad today. Thanks for reading my post.

Shelly

shelley, I'm so sorry. my mom lost her younger sister to kidney cancer, and her older sister and both her parents died when she was a teen. it seems like some people just get more than they deserve and it's heartbreaking. your strength in being able to speak on your aunt's behalf is amazing, and shines through your post.

love and prayers,

xoxo

bunny

Shelly, I am so sorry to read of your loss. I know how hard this must be for you. I also know how scary it can be to deal with diseases that seem to run in families. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Hi Shelly,

So sorry about the loss or your aunt. That had to be so difficult for you.

Thank you for your kinds words to us. We just give back what we were given in the time of need. We hope you will continue to help others who are going through difficult times. Iam so glad you are feeling better.

Peace be with you,

Maryanne

• 1 month later...

Was thinking of you guys and I thought that I would give you an update. With all of the stress I have been though I have been feeling ill... I have had a multitude of tests done mostly of my GI tract and it turns out nothing too serious. The other day I said to my doc, "Gee I have had almost everything except a chest xray and with my family history we should check it out. Within thirty minutes the xray was done and the results were clear lungs. I am only 44 but this is something that has been knawing away at me for almost two years. I am really happy I had it done. :)

Shelly,

I know what you mean about the chest xray, it knaws at me everyday, I wonder when LC will get me or another member of my family..

I glad yours was clear, hope you find out soon why your not feeling well...

How is your son doing?

Shelly,

Good idea to have the chest x-ray done. Perhaps you can do it annually for peace of mind. With your family history, your doctor might well endorse this idea. Sometimes it's strange how doing something simple can be so helpful yet we think and think about it for so long until we do it.

Hopefully, things are settling down for you.

Gail p-m