Survived the first 6 months…

patut

My good news is simply that I have made it to 6 months as a surviving spouse as of June 19. I even made it through Father's Day by keeping busy in the wonderful home Tim built for us and which I am now updating.

With so much sad news coming up on this site recently I couldn't help but post it. Those of us who have lost someone have a common bond. Hopefully all of us can report some type of good news soon. I can't help but notice how many new folks are in the group now, with just a handful of names I recognize from when I first joined up.

I am thankful for this site and hope I can help from the standpoint of a surviving spouse.

Cyndy

Timothy: 9/38-12/05 Age 66 8)

Cyndy,

Thank you for sharing your personal survivorship under Good News. You made it to the 6 month mark. And you share what you've learned with the new folks and the old timers (who can still learn some new things as long as we keep an open mind!).

I am so very sorry for your loss, but so very proud of you for caring enough to continue walking this road with all of us. It means a lot to me, personally, when those of you who can walk away from Lung Cancer choose to stay. I understand when people feel they must distance themselves for their own survival. I don't stop caring for folks when they pull away. And I always wish them well. But for those of you who stay on, or who find your way back to us I want to extend my heart felt thanks. What you do matters more than you may ever realize.

You making it the 6 month mark really IS good news.

Cyndy,

This is a hard post to respond to. Do I say congratulations? or do I say I'm sorry? I guess maybe both. You have done so well these past six months and if, or when, I have to face this, I pray that I can even be half as strong as you have.

So, No. 1, Congratulations for surviving 6 months and getting past Father's Day, and each day, and No. 2, I'm so sorry you had to go through these past six months without your beloved.

Love,

Peggy

Cyndy..

Thanks so much for posting this!!! You, who have walked this road, have so much to offer those of us who are just starting the journey. I still wish many times that i didn't have to be trudging along with Mom...but then i think to myself...i wouldn't have it any other way, either!

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. :( I don't know how you do it, but i'm sure glad ya do, sticking around so we newbies can pick your brain.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Cyndy,

My, this is a hard post to respond to! First, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Second, I want to offer my congratulations to you on six months of survivorship!

I lost my Mom four weeks ago today. Like you, I view my experience as one of survival. One step at a time, one moment at a time... I've made a choice to re-build my life and honour my Mom by living a good life and being kind to myself in the process.

With your wonderful attitude, you can be sure that your husband is smiling down at you with pride!

Kel

Cyndy,

I am probably one of the new names you do not recognize. Let me say, as a reative newcomer, I am so appreciative of those of you who choose to stay here with us. You help show the way to others in your same shoes. For me, I feel comforted knowing folks like you are here for me. You have walked the whole walk and are here to help us. Thank you, thank you.

I am proud of you - your courage to move ahead and then come here to share what you have learned.

With much admiration and thanks,

Kasey