Good Doctor Visit

daggiesmom

Hi Everyone,

Back from my mountain vacation. Renewed and feeling pretty darn good. Had my 3 month check up today with the oncologist. All is just fine. He's very pleased with my continued progress and commented it's 3 1/2 years now (i still don't know how they figure the time - is it at diagnosis, is it at start of treatment, is it at end of treatment?) but i've given up trying to figure it out and just go by what he says. 3 1/2 years is good anyhow. So I go for a CAT scan in August (6 month) time frame and just keep on keepin' on.

I was very saddened to see many things on the board when I returned. Cancer is truly a horrible thing and each and everyone here deserves to be free of it for good. I pray for that everyday. As much as this is a great board, I wish there were no need for it. I'm hoping to see alot of good news here really soon, OK :wink:

Joanie

Joanie,

I don't know either when the clock starts for survival time. I even asked the experts. Answer was: it is whatever you want it to be. How about that!

Anyway Joanie, you totally inspire me. You give me so much hope. Just seeing your posts fills me with resolve to be a winner here. I hope you continue to be a winner for so many years we all lose count. BUT I hope we lose count here on the board. We need you!

Congrats and many good wishes are coming your way.

Kasey

I was told (can't recall by whom) that survival time is calculated from the end of treatment. But you know what? ANYTHING is worth celebrating when you're dealing with this #$%@.....right? :wink: I just celebrated one year from dx last month. Since I'm still in tx....I guess the clock hasn't started yet on that one. :roll:

Congrats on the 3.5 years, Joannie...no matter WHEN your clock started. It sure sounds good to me...and I hope you just keeping adding on the years...free of cancer. Dancing with NED! 8) Keep it up girl, as you stand as inspiration for many of us!

Joanie,

Good for you on your clean bill of health! I have heard that survivor time starts from the minute of diagnosis--makes sense to me. That's what I count. Doesn't really matter I guess, each day is a gift and we need to celebrate life. It's precious. And you can celebrate today!!!!!

Cindy

Joannie,

Glad things continue to go well for you.

I chose June 1st, 1999 as my "official survivorship" day. There were so many errors and mistakes over the years leading up to my diagnosis. But on June 1st, 1999 I received the pathology report stating that the tumor was malignant.

At any rate, here's to hoping you have many more years of good scans!