Alimta #7 with Avastin

Justakid

Here goes Alimta #7 with Avastin. So far so good, they said if there were any side affects it would be during infusion. The benadryl put my into my drunken stupper.

Used my port-a-cath for the first time, that was werid and I didn't like the idea of stuff hanging out of my chest, couldn't look.

Very tired from pain meds and benadryl, been sleeping most of the day. Hope this works cause it's the last line of treatment that anyone can come up with, we've done it all.

Call the doctor in a week to tell him if I'm breathing better. If it's working we'll do this every 3 weeks for ever.

Hi Beth,

I just bet this cocktail is your magic bullet!!!

How have your blood counts been after 7 treatments of Alimta? The onc about scared the wits out of me talking about how it could affect blood counts and platelets. Of course, I know the B-12 shots and Folic Acid help, but I was just curious if yours have dropped much during the treatment.

Hope this works cause it's the last line of treatment that anyone can come up with, we've done it all.

Don't count on it, Beth, and never say never. It seems to me that new solutions keep popping up every day.

Love and hugs,

Peggy

Beth,

Just read today you are getting avastin. Yeahhh.

My head and neck oncologist also wants me to get on alimta with the avastin so i was very excited to hear you are getting alimta with it. Right now my thoracic oncologist has me on carbo and taxol with the avastin.

After my CTs i will tell my head and neck oncologist about you, so i am rooting for it to work for you also.

Lots of rest the first week, absolutely!!!

joyce

Beth,

New stuff will come soon - there's a flurry of activity right now developing new treatments that are more effective with fewer side effects. Believe me - I'm on the internet a lot searching for the latest info and what I find encourages me!

You're gonna be around a lot longer than you fear you might. Take a deep breath and keep putting one foot in front of the other like you have been. I'm rooting for you!

Leslie