Mom and Dads Anniversary

sharyn

Well, yesterday would have been Mom and Dads 54th wedding anniversary. I took the day off from work and spent the day with Mommy. It was very hard for her and I thought she shouldn't spend the day alone. Daddy has been gone 6 months now and she says it is getting harder with each day instead of easier... I wish I knew how to help her. I thought maybe some of you who have walked in her shoes could shed some light on what I can expect... and if what she is feeling is "normal", whatever "normal" is... I don't even know anymore. Any advice you can give me on how to help her would be appreciated. Thanks my friends. Love, Sharon

I think Katie pretty well said it. Just stay involved with your mom. What she is going through is really normal. The first year and a half for me was very hard to get through.

Just stay involved with your mom and let her know you are there.

Much love.

Praying for us all.

Shirleyb

Thanks Katie and Shirley... Katie, your words hit home because Mom keeps saying... I know now he is really not coming back.... so i guess what you wrote is true....The reality is setting in. Thanks for your support (as always you never let me down) Love, Sharon

Hi Sweetie,

I have missed you here. 53+ years is a verrrrry long time. I am sure your Mother feels like she is missing a vital body part.

It is over 10 months for me and I have days that I am just sad, sad, sad. Don't have any answers other than my mantra, keep busy, keep busy, keep busy.

As you can see this is my repetitious post. But I think of your family often and pray that your Mother finds joy each day.

Love,