Update from SharKats.. needs prayers please read...

Maryanne

This is a post from SharKats which she sent to me in a PM after I PMed her to find out how she is doing.

Just to refresh your memory, she has LC and her husband had become very depressed and wouldn't see a doctor etc.

She is not doing too good, and she wanted me to post this as she feels it is important for you to know that Hal, her husband had no control over his actions: Please read below. I cut and pasted what she wrote.

HAL HAD 4 CANCEROUS TUMORS IN BRAIN - FRONTAL ONE SO BIG HAD TO COME OUT THURSDAY. THEY ARE VERIFYING BUT THEY ARE PRETTY SURE ADNOCARCIMONA - I CAN'T SPELL IT.

HE'S STILL WEAK FROM SURGERY BUT WHEN NURO SURGEON SAYS OK - WILL BE MOVED FROM ICU TO REG ROOM, THEN WHEN A LITTLE STRONGER UP TO REHAB THEN THEY HOPE TO START BRAIN RADIATION WHILE HE'S IN HOSPITAL SO HE WON'T BE COME HOME FOR A FEW WEEKS.

HIS KIDS WERE WERE FOR A FEW DAYS - I'M GLAD THEY CAME AND GOT TO SEE HIM. THEY DIDN'T STAY HERE - THANK GOODNESS. BUT THEY'RE WINGING THEIR WAY BACK HOME NOW.

SO HAL WASN'T DEPRESSED (MAYBE A LITTLE) BUT THE BIZARRE BEHAVIOR WAS THAT DAMN HUGE TUMOR. THEY SAID HE WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD WITHIN 30 DAYS. SO MUCH TIME WASTED ON THE DEPRESSION THING BUT..........

I AM TRYING TO KEEP IT TOGETHER - THE HOUSE, HIS CONDITION, THE ANIMALS, AND MY ONC SAYS SHE DOESN'ST WANT ME TO WORRY ABOUT MY BRAIN SCANS RIGHT NOW AS I HAVE TOO MUCH STRESS AND THAT IT IS BAD FOR CANCER (BAD FOR A LOT OF THINGS).

BUT I'D JUST AS SOON NOT KNOW NOW IF IT'S NOT GOOD NEWS ANYWAY. THEY CAN'T GIVE ME PROGNOSIS ON HAL - DAY BY DAY AS FAR AS COGNITIVE ABILITY, MEMORY - ALL THAT STUFF. OR IF THE BRAIN RADIATION WILL CAUSE FURTHER MEMORY, ETC., PROBLEMS.

I DON'T DRIVE FAR SO I'M BEGGING RIDES FROM FRIENDS BUT I'M NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO MAKE IT HOSP EVERY DAY AND THEY ARE TAKING SUCH GOOD CARE OF HIM. AND I KNOW THEY WOULD TELL ME IF ANYTHING AT ALL WENT WRONG.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ASKING AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR CARING AND I NEED MORE PRAYERS. I HOPE AND PRAY YOU AND YOURS ARE DOING GOOD AND EXCUSE MY MEMORY LAPSES ETC.

HUGS,

SHAR

Please send prayers to Shar as she is fighting such a hard battle for her and now for her husband.

Maryanne

Guest Lensiedel

Dear Shar,

Praying that things improve quickly for both you and Hal. I second Jen's suggestion about trying to get help from a local cancer organization. When my husband was undergoing radiation we contacted the human services department for our county. They referred us to a local organization that provides rides for cancer patients. They're affiliated with the American Cancer Society. They drove him more than 1 hour each way for 3 weeks. These people did it out of the goodness of their hearts. I was stunned that they had so many volunteers considering our rural population. I hope there is something available to you in your area.

Wendy

Shar...you and Hal have my very best thoughts and wishes for Hal to recover well, for the radiation to work on the other tumors...for everything to go in a positive direction.

And yes...stress is bad for cancer and lots of things...so try to breathe deeply, take care of yourself during all this....and trust, hope and BELIEVE!!

Sending all good thoughts your way....

Maryanne...thanks for letting us all know and please pass our wishes along to Shar...