In Memory of Two Men I Never Met

Leslie221

I want to pay tribute to two men I never met who both died from lung cancer.

The first man's name is unknown to me. He died of lung cancer and his family donated an unopened bottle of Iressa to his oncologist. A short time later I had only a 5% chance of living and was diagnosed with stage IV NSCLC. The first oncologist who saw me in the ICU an hour away from the rural town in which I live was the same doctor. He suggested trying the Iressa since he had it available. Almost six months later I am still here and feeling great! Thank you, dear man. I hope you are at peace.

The second man died recently from lung cancer, too. His wife donated an unopened bottle of Iressa to my current oncologist. She brought it to the clinic and gave it to me personally, along with a big hug. I thanked her so much for her kindness since the insurance company wouldn't pay for the Iressa and I was worried evey month how to get it. Now it's time to thank her late husband, too. Thank you, Gerald Wilhelm! I hope your adventure is marvelous!