New here and confused

Hello and God Bless to all:

My hubby was diagnosed with lung cancer on March 31. (Tumor on CT 8 cm.) The next day he had a biopsy. Before we had the results I made an appt. with an oncologist (the practice was highly recommended by 3 friends that had underwent treatment of different cancers). Biopsy results were reported as small cell. Many mistakes were made by this practice and we went to a major medical center. The biopsy had to be repaeted because there wasn't enough material to accurately diagnose. The new biopsy diagnosis is "undifferentiated large cell neuroendocrine lung cancer" with small cell features. Stage III-B. Trying to get information online seems to be so difficult. My way of dealing with this is to be informed. I feel I need to keep a close eye on everything to make sure that nothing goes unnoticed by the Dr. Hubby has had 3 courses of chemo (Carboplatin and Etopiside) and is currently receiving a 7 week course of radiation in conjunction with chemo. Does anyone have a website that they can reccommend that has accurate information?

Thank you for your interest and information.

Welcome to the board and sorry you have to be here. Sorry I don't have any info, but I'm sure someone will be along who does, this is a great board for info and support. You are right to be keeping a close eye on things and getting as much information as you can. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

Welcome. In addition to the Ask the Experts you can ask most any question here on the board and get some excellent information. You will learn a lot here just reading the posted information in the various forums. Good luck to you both.

Rochelle

Hi Millie and welcome. I found that staying informed and keeping copies of all medical reports helped me. i would get them ahead of time and look up the stuff on line and think of questions to ask. I can't think of any particular web site now that you could visit. I have noticed that some members have a list of websites in their signature list.

I hope your hubby beats this thing back.

Don M

Thank you for the immediate responses. I have taken your advice and posted my message on "Ask the Experts". I truly believe that the Dr.s that are caring for my husband are very good but I still need to see the information myself. The first Dr. and/or her staff made many mistakes and was not happy with me for pointing them out. As if we were to be quiet and accept anything that happened. I hate the fact that anyone has to go through this disease. God Bless all of us.