Holding the peanut brittle hostage no more!

Addie

My onc likes peanut brittle. I make a really good peanut brittle and had taken some in last Christmas (along with some homemade fudge) for his staff and the three doctors.

Well, once I found out that Cooper likes it a lot...I told him I'd make a batch JUST for him.

And then my cancer came back. So...the first time I saw him after that....I teasingly told him I was holding his peanut brittle "hostage" until he "fixed me". :wink:

I'm not totally fixed. I go for cycle 7 of Topotecan starting tomorrow...and who knows how many more cycles? As long as it keeps working and keeps me stable...I guess we go indefinitely. I can live with that...and perhaps wouldn't live without it! :?

But I've decided the man doesn't need to wait forever for his candy...so I'm gonna try to get a batch made within the next week or two, for Cooper...otherwise now dubbed "Chemo Sabe".

I think holding the peanut brittle hostage for 6 months is long enough....don't you? :roll:

Addie,

I just want to say thanks for being you. I was feeling really down this morning and you put a smile on my face... :D This is cute. Thanks for sharing and make that man some peanut brittle!!! I wonder what would happen is we all use your recipe to treat our favorite onc... :wink:

Love ya ,

Sue

Addie,

You're too cute! The world needs more addie-tude!!! Bring the man his peanut brittle and tell him that it constitutes a downpayment on "being fixed". :D

Sounds like you are doing great. Keep feeling good! BTW, are you playing any golf?

Kel

Funny you should ask about golf, Kel. For the first time in a year....I played 18 holes yesterday in 92 degree heat! Slathered head to toe (and I mean ALL OVER MY HEAD TOO!!) with SPF 50, "armed" with three bottles of water and a hat...I shot an 86~!! :D

Our course is a short course...but challenging. Not an executive or par 3 course...but just not long, in terms of yardage. I was SO pleased with myself for lasting thru 18 holes and for my score!

But boy am I tired with sort muscles today? :wink: I used muscles I haven't used in a while...as you can imagine.

I'm playing as a guest in the ladies member/guest in two weeks...so hope I can do as well then.

First birdie I make...will be for your mom! 8) I almost had a couple yesterday...but lipped out.

We love you, Addie..........Brian states that Peanut Brittle could bribe him ~~ no sweat.......

Thank you for sharing your wonderful spirit w/ us.

This past week has been awful for us and now, with your posts, a couple of loving PMs and my usual dose of Cindi ~ isms we can start this week renewed.

Onward.

Pat and Brian

Sounds like you had a terrific round - an 86 is pretty darn awesome for anyone let alone someone who is living with cancer!!!

I thought you might like to know that Mom's wake coincided with the charity golf tournament that she participated in last year. People kept coming into the funeral home a little embarrassed about being in their golf wear (between the tournament and dinner) and we kept saying that Mom would be loving it!! The funniest part occurred when a bunch of couples showed up in suits/outfits and we asked them if they had been golfing. They said yes and so we asked why didn't you just come the way you were and the men replied that their wives had made them go home to get changed. They had such funny expressions on their face...

Addie, though we only 'know' each other over this computer, I want you to know that I am proud of you and of the approach you've taken in making each day the best possible day it can be. You've been such a great inspiration to me and to many others on this message board. I wish you much good health and of course, great golf!!! Thanks.

Kel