I think I will post here

Guest I love my Daddy

Guest I love my Daddy

I am really starting to think that I going to leave this group because everyone always looks at my replys but nobody replys to them and I could really use some people to talk to. I don't mean to sound like am mean or anything I am just having a really hard time going to sleep and I am really scared for my Daddy.

Thanks

Brandy

Dear Brandy,

Please do not leave this group as you have found the best support group on the net. A lot of people will see this and reply to you as we are like a big family here with people that have cancer and also people that have a loved one with cancer or like myself have lost someone to cancer.

I have left you a post in the other forum as well. Looking forward to hearing more from you

God Bless you Sweetie,

Jane

Guest I love my Daddy

Thanks Jane. I left you a pm and hope to hear from you very soon. I am sure that you are right it is just that I am tired and am having trouble going to sleep.

Brandy

Brandy...

As i post this i've not looked into your history at all...but i can assure you, i care. I lost my father four years ago to lc and my mom is currently undergoing treatment for the same darned disease. We're having our ups and downs, believe me...but i'm still here. Please, if you need to/want to...send me a message and we can talk a little more in-depth.

Prayers are for you and your daddy!

I understand you wish to vent or talk to someone here, but your not being clear as to what you wish to talk about.

When was your dad dx.d and what kind of cancer does he have? Please try not to second guess what he has my dear. Just because lung cancer runs in your family as you say, doesn't mean he has it. If your unclear then I would suggest you ask him or your mother as to what is going on. I think you need answers and that just might give you some direction as to which way you need to go.

Best to you,

Connie

There are a lot of people here that really do care and are ready to listen. Most of us can give advice or suggestions based on our own experiences. Read Katie's message and understand that sometimes it takes a little while for us to respond. I am so sorry you are having trouble sleeping. Right now, I'm sure that you have thousands of questions and "what-if's" running around in your head, mush ,like a hamster on a wheel. That in itself would make it almost impossible to sleep. I know that it's often a really scary thing to know the truth, but maybe you should confront your dad and let hime know that you need to know what he's up against so that you will be better prepared to help him. This will help answer some questions and possibly ease some fears. I'm thinking of you!!!

Hi Brandy,

As Katie and others have written the message board takes time. I don't get on the computer at all during the weekends. This is a great board. First you need to find out what kind of cancer your dad has. Talk to your parents. Not knowing can be very scary. It gives your mind permission to play the what if game. Sometimes not knowing can be the worst.

Best Wishes,

Dee

Brandy,

I responded to you on your other thread, but I also wanted you to understand that the number of "views" does not mean that many individual people have looked at your thread. Everytime you look at it counts as 1, and everytime everyone else looks at it, it counts as 1. So, if 5 people have responded to you, and I "view" it 5 times to see what they said, and each of them view it 5 times, that's 25 to 30 views, but only 6 people have really seen it.

Does that make sense?

Hope to hear more from you when you get some more information.

Love,

Peggy

hey brandy. don't give up on us, we're here. how can I support you? I will do whatever I can. I'm sorry, I really know how hard it is to absorb the information that a parent has cancer. please let us know what we can do.

xoxo

bunny

Brandy-

Hang in there with us...we are all coping the best that we can, also. Sometimes specific questions are easier to answer, but one of the beauties of this site is that all points of view and ranges of emotions are honored as long as they don't offend someone else. Often, just setting down our fears, or "venting", will help us clarify and survive. Keep posting and we'll try to listen and respond.