Will this be a major set back?

kickincancer

My mom just got back from the treatmnet center. They had to give her four pints of blood. Her wb is low, rb is low and her platlets are also low. She didn't get to take her chemo this round. Will this be a major set back. She has been doing so well as her tumor had shrunk 20% last scan. Can anyone relate and did tumors grow during the time off chemo?

I don't know for sure, but I don't think it will be a setback. I know that many people here have had to postpone chemo because of low blood counts and for other reasons. As soon as they are strong enough, they are back at it again.

I hope her blood counts recover soon. Let us know when she gets started back up again.

Love,

Peggy

My Mom's chemo was delayed at least twice due to very low blood counts. She also had to have transfusions to be able to pursue treatment. She was still able to achieve a complete remission at the end of her first line treatment.

Hope is not lost - they're just building your Mom up so that she can better withstand the chemo.

Stay strong.

Kel