3+ and counting

Tiny

CT of 6/21 notes no evidence of recurrent malignancy. :D:):o:lol::P:D

Another bright note is that we should be able to move into our new one-story house within the next couple of weeks. The carpet man is laying rug as I type. :P

On a different tack, it was disconcerting to walk into the onc's office this morning and find a sedate gentleman awaiting me instead of my usual feisty-little-terrier lady oncologist. Apparently her parents are ailing, and the family has decided to move closer to Illinois. She has been my rock and my shield, and I will miss her greatly. The new onc seems very thorough and capable, and I feel we will develop a good rapport with time. Quite a surprise, though.

You're all ever in my thoughts and prayers.

Tiny

First--wonderful news! I am glad you didn't violate Ginny's command that only good news is allowed this week!

I recently "lost" my wonderful PCP because she took a sabbatical (sp)--, but she sent all her patients a letter 3 months in advance letting us know. It was sad, but I appreciated her letting us know in a kind, caring manner.

I hope the new onc works out fine. I know it was probably unsettling. I know I would feel that way.

love and fortitude

elaine

Wow Tiny..you are so amazing!! Congratulations on your 3+!!!!!!!!!!

My GP, the doctor who found my cancer recently left his medical practice to work for the hospital. I am at a loss as to where to go now, it bothers me that I have to "start over" somewhere with a medical file the size of a phone book. But he also had sent a letter, so that it isn't a total shock.

Am glad that your new Onc looks like he will work out for you. Congrats again!!!

Hey My Dear and Wonderful Friend,

Get the heck out of the water, your going to turn into a prune! :P:P:lol:

What Wonderful NEWS that is to hear from a long time friend. :D We've come a long ways BABY! :D:wink:

REALLY Happy for you Tiny! (((((((TINY)))))))) :D

Love & Hugs,

Connie

Tiny,

That's great news! 3+years and counting for many more. Know how you feel about losing your onc--I have recently lost my breast surgeon (yes, the guy who had a clinic full of patients the first day I had a consult with him and got the news I needed a biopsy because it was probable I had breast cancer, but sat there with me for 45 minutes while I was sobbing) and my onc. When you've had this much unrest about health issues, it's hard to get new doctors in the mix too. But, we will move on, I guess.

Congrats on the new house--I love my ranch home! Wouldn't want to do stairs again for anything.

Cindy