prayers please....

niececola

hi friends,

Can you please add two special people to your prayers today? My Dad is going in to have a "spot" tested on his nose, the doctor thinks the spot is nothing serious, but just in case. On a more serious note, my Aunt Eileen has a cyst on her pancreas. They are testing this week; I am so scared it is pancreatic cancer. My Dad called last night and said those dreaded words..."I have something to tell you...", and then everything from my mom illness came rushing back and I have been a mess ever since. So, please, please say a prayer, think good thoughts, etc. for my Dad and Aunt Eileen. My mind has already jumped to the absolute worst scenario, very hard not to.

Thanks,

Denise

Denise, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this waiting period, yet again, and also having to relive everything that happened 9 months ago. You are always in my prayers and I pray that both your Dad and aunt come back with good news. In the hopes of calming some of your nerves...my Dad had something on his nose a few years back. I was convinced it was cancer and was terribly worried that it was cancer. It did come back cancerous...but it's basal cell which is non malignant and nothing to worry about (according to doctors). If it's cancer I think he has a higher chance of having the non malignant type.

Thinking of you Denise.

I am happy to see you again, but sorry you are going through more scary times.

The Doctor can probably tell by looking at the spot if it is the highly aggressive form of skin cancer or not. It is harder to tell something completely cancer free from a basal or squamous, but it sounds like it was caught early since it is in a prominent place.

I will pray for your aunt and for all of you.

love and fortitude

elaine

Thank you all for the prayers and words of support. My Dad's nose appears to be ok; he will have a procedure to dig out part of his nose (sounds delightful!). The doc said he was ok; just to be on the safe side. Told him to wear sunscreen on a regular basis, for some odd reason, my Dad has become quite the sun worshiper in his old age! :D

I just spoke to my Aunt Eileen. So the doc did not mention pancreatic cancer, but that means nothing really, does it? Said it could be pancreatis or a cyst from an earlier surgery. She had some blood work done, hopes to hear back today. The doc said to follow up in 3 months to see if it has grown. I tried to remain calm, while empathizing that she had to follow up with the docs and be an advocate for herself, maybe getting a second opinion. She was also diagnosed as anemic. I started feeling anxious all over again, wanting to call her doc directly, I wasn't getting the clarity I needed, I am so used to just taking over, but I tried to just be supportive and CALM. Hopefully we will hear more today or tomorrow. If anyone has any thoughts on pancreatic cancer, they would be greatly appreciated. Can someone just have a cyst and it not be cancer?

Love,

Denise

Denise, it sounds like things may be better than you thought, which is wonderful. So glad to hear your Dad is OK. My FIL has been going through something similar to your aunt. The doctors thought they would find pamcreatic cancer but could find no evidence. They have settled on pancreatitis. He has had so much trouble keeping anything on his stomach that a feeding tube has been inserted and his diet consists of Ensure. He is down to 123 pounds but the doctors are hopeful that weight will return as his pancreas heals. All cysts are not cancerous. I'm hoping things improve for your aunt!!!

Thanks for updating us Denise. So glad to hear your dad is doing good. I know what you mean about wanting to be proactive and talk to the doc directly. Will be keeping your aunt in my thoughts. I do know that cysts can definitely be benign. I am having a couple removed this week, in fact.

Thinking of you.