Common Effects of Oxygen Deprivation

Fay A.

Okay...for those who are new, or have never experienced-first hand-low oxygen saturation levels let me explain a few things that can happen to us when our O2 sats drop below a certain level (This level will vary with each individual).

Mental confusion and extreme difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness (not just what happened yesterday, but what is happening ten minutes ago or right now!), profound fatigue, weakness in arms and legs, loss of strength in hands, a headache, sometimes 'the giggles', moving in almost slow motion, blurry vision, face and arms and legs can feel heavy, almost like lead weights. And I always feel a bit sick to my stomach, too. And the mental confusion may not be "obvious". So if we appear to be more 'distracted' or tired than usual you may want to check our O2 levels...

Guest Suzanne

Thank you Fay, that's good information to know. My dad seems so weak and confused (at times), I will keep this in mind.

Thank you again,

Suzanne

Guest Suzanne

Thank you Fay, that's good information to know. My dad seems so weak and confused (at times), I will keep this in mind.

Thank you again,

Suzanne