Beautiful SErvice

Fresca

Hi guys-

Just thought I would let you know, moms service was so WONDERFUL!! Many, many people came, (didn't realize just how much she was loved by everyone, guess i should have figured eh?) My aunt an uncle performed the service, they are ordained ministers, and both are Dr.'s in Theology. They teach at Mercer University in Atlanta, GA. They are wonderfully spiritual jsut like my mommy.

She still around though, in the smell, dreams, etc. Gosh, she was so beautiful. She wanted to be cremated, and my good friend made a collage of a whole bunch of pictures, enlarged them, and made a huge board in front of the chapel. Boy, so beautiful, and still is.

Moms got alot of work to do, in just the first day she was gone, my brother got a promotion. Go figure~!! If thats not my mom..... :D!!! She is certainly making sure I've got my poo together too. I still have my moments where I just break down and cry. I used to talk to her every sinlge night for at least an hour. And I would go over there 2 or 3 times a week and just talk. That is what I miss most.

We put this in her little booklet at the funeral, it says,

On silvery white wings,

they are carried to heaven.

There they become Angels.

In memory of our angel

Carol Kerstetter

1949-2003.

She is our angel, truely our Angel. And now is the most beautiful Angel in Heaven, to me.

Thanks for listening. It helps the grieving process to talk about it sometimes. By the way before mom passed, we asked her if she was scared, she said no. That makes ME SO HAPPY!!! No fear to go, must mean wonderfulness on the other side.

Rana :?

RANA, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. YOU FOUND THE STRENGTH TO GET THROUGH ALL OF THIS AND SHARE WITH US THE WONDERFUL SERVICE. I KNOW YOU WILL HAVE SOME BAD DAYS AHEAD FOR THAT IS ONLY NORMAL. EACH DAY WILL BE A LITTLE BETTER BECAUSE YOUR MOM IS NO LONG SUFFERING AND AS YOU SAY IS AN ANGEL. LOOK TO HEAVEN AND YOU WILL SEE HER IN YOUR THOUGHTS. GOD BLESS.

Rana,

Thanks for sharing a bit of the service with us. It's amazing how much comfort it gives us to have a crowd of people come to pay respects at the service. Until I lost my mom I didn't have a clue the meaning that is involved when old and new friends come to these things.

I'm sure your mom is a beautiful woman. That's really special that your aunt and uncle were there at the service and did such a beautiful job. I'll bet you mom is proud of you and they way the service was presented.

MayGod continue to bless you and your family.

Hugs. Shelly

Thanks guys. My mom is the one giving me the strength, I know it. You guys rock. I mean it friends. Thank you for taking your time and spirit to listen and help me get throught this. I pray each and everyone of you whether caretaker or the one battling, have strength, never to give up. NEVER GIVE UP!! I believe in God, ALOT, and I believe that with God, you can have many things, including healing, and peace. I pray that for all right now.

I will continue to post, and check in on this board, as you have all become family. Love for all,

Rana :wink:

Rana,

That brought a tear to my eye. I know the pain you are feeling right now and I wish that I could help you. Your mother would be so proud of your strength. You sound so confident, thanks to her no doubt, I wish that I could find that in me.

Thanks for sharing those lovely thoughts with us.

Renee

Thank you for your beautiful post. It brought tears to my eyes, because it reminds me of the relationship I have with my mom. You are a wonderful and strong daughter. Your mother will always be watching over you. God bless you and I wish you peace during this very difficult time.