Too much pain

TAnn

I've been off Tarceva only since Wednesday while waiting for my first dose of Alimta. The pain in my back and a new pain just under my right ribs has tripled since then. Yesterday I spent the day in bed, today was ok, until about 1 hour ago and I'm finding NO relief!

I've tried Advil, Lortab, Oxycodone and now using my dependable headache powders - Goody's. Some take over an hour to work and then only work for about an hour leaving me with 2 hours of misery before I can take anything else.

I don't understand why it has gotten so bad so quick? Praying for some relief.

Thanks for letting me whine.... :cry:

TAnn

Oh, TAnn, so sorry to hear that you're in such pain. Can't the doctor give you anything better to relieve that pain? And it's not whining -- it's appropriate venting! That's what we're here for.

Do see if you can't get something before the alimta starts....

Ellen

Geez, TAnn, sorry. Bummer.

I hate uncontrolled pain too!

Call someone to help you. Please don't pretend that you can handle this. There will be someone who is willing to help you if you ask. ASK. ASK. ASK.

Don't bite the bullet. That was the old days.

love you T.

Cindi o'h

TAnn,

Call the doctor. Right now. They can't give you the stronger stuff over the phone, but maybe he'll send you to ER or meet you there to give you a stronger prescription.

Do it now! That's an order! By the way, I don't see in your profile that you have had a PET scan. Have you ever had one?

Love,

Peggy

my father's situtation sounds similar to yours. I am wondering why he has not been put on alimta. he has several unstable brain mets I'm wondering if that is the reason. He is also in a lot of pain and I know some docs have recomended a morphoine pump.

I am also really sorry to read about your recent increased pain. Like everyone else, I agree that you should speak to your doctor ASAP. They are supposed to be able to do something about pain levels, so make them earn their money.

I hope you find some relief soon.

Jana

xx

Tann, what a major bummer. :shock:

Please take the advice of so many here and call the doctor and get something stronger. You do not have to go through all that unecessay pain as there is always some kind of pain medicine that can help you.

I cringe when I think of you lying there in pain. Please do something ASAP.

Maryanne

TAnn,

Hoping and praying that you are able to find some relief to your pain very soon. I agree with the many others in that you should call your drs. and get them involved as soon as possible.

Love and prayers,

Thank you all for your firm push for me to call the doc. I called this morning and they suggested that I take the oxycontin that they prescribed previously when I had the Denver Catheter.

I will admit that I am part of the problem here. I want to stay as functional as possible and am reluctant to take the strong pain meds because they just knock me out and I get nothing done during the day. My nurse practitioner gave me a good little pep talk this morning and said sometimes you just have to give in and you will be amazed at how much better you feel when you aren't in any pain.

I guess, if you really want to know the truth, I feel that once you start taking the "hard stuff", you will always HAVE to take it. I don't want to be battling the meds AND cancer at the same time. T-Bone's experience comes to mind and really scares me.

Tomorrow is Alimta. Hoping it works with the 1st dose and wipes away the pain. (Wishful thinking! :? )

Starting Oxycontin tonight, does anyone else take anything else that helps with pain and doesn't knock you out?

TAnn