Results of mom's CT scan

kreed70

The scan was not clear.

Her onc is not calling it a tumor but there were a few cells where she had surgery. She will be getting radiation again but it is different than before as her thoracic surgeon placed pencil-point size metal "receptors" in her chest wall when she had surgery in August 2004 just in case she would ever need radiation again. It is veryspecific as to how the radiation will be given with the "receptors". Her thoracic surgeon feels that surgery is not and option due to the location being so close to the spine. If the radiation doesn't work, perhaps we will consult a neurosurgeon who works close to the spine and would be willing to do surgery.

She is also starting Tarceva. Getting another PET in the next few weeks.

I am sad and in shock as I was so sure NED would be sticking around awhile longer. I'll keep you posted. Any advice with this new turn of events is appreciated!!

Please pray for my mom and my family.

Thank you so much!!!!

I am VERY distressed to hear this news. I try to keep track of pancoast tumors and really wanted a GREAT scan for your Mother.

I am interested to hear about this radiation with the markers left there from before. Sounds like something!

Boy, I go the beginning of next week for my 2nd 3 month followup. Feeling a little uneasy and now VERY much so.

Sorry about these results. Please keep posts updated so we know what's going on with you two.

Hoping this new approach will yield good results.

Kasey