I am a newbie here

Sandie

I am Sandie . I am 52 years old ,female in N.C. I was diagnoised last Aug 12,2004 with ncsclc. I had surgery that produced a tumor in my right leg. They removed 3/4 of my tibia. Then they found a small tumor ,smaller than a small marble, on my right lung. I also have it in my left adrenal gland.The doctors have said I am stage 4 ,which I have to admit leaves me quite scared. I had radiation on my leg after surgery and then 5 rounds of chemo. Then scans were good til March ,they found it back in the adrenal so now i am on Tarceva. I am alwys happy to find ways of support. My family and friends have been great but it helps to speak and have contact with other people who are going thru the same as I am.I hope to find many mew friends here . I hope to be of strength to others . I see stories her ethat are remarkable. God has surley worked miracles here!I am a widow 8 years ago to lung cancer. He only lived 4 months after they found it, so needless to say my four sons and other family and friends have been scared but I know God is helping us! I remarried 3 years ago,then we find out last year I have this. There are so many worries here . I look to get strength here for us! :D

Dear Sandie,

Welcome to our family of survivors, caregivers and friends.

You have found the best place on the net for support. I was a caregiver to my beloved Brother who passed away a year ago June. I came here for support and to learn about the disease. I have met wonderful friends here and they have helped me so very much.

You will find the same. You are in my prayers.

God Bless You,

Jane

Hi Sandie: welcome to the board. As you may have seen, there are a number of options open to late stage lc survivors and many ae beating the statistics. I hope you find a teatment plan that knocks the cancer way back. These days, it is geetting more and more to be managed as a chronic disease. You manage to live with it.

Don M

Sandie, Welcome. We are so sad to learn of another person facing this journey.

We are all here for you.

Brian is also on Tarceva. Perhaps it is the magic bullet............seems a lot of us are using that med right now.

Glad you found us, sorry you had the need to do so.

Pat and Brian

welcome, sandie. I am so sorry you're going through this. the people here are absolutely incredible sources of support and information. I am relatively new to all this, as I try and help steer my mom through her LC and treatment so I don't contribute much yet, but it's an an amazing community where you will find everything you seek,and more.

xoxo

bunny

Hi Sandy,

Welcome to our family. So sorry you had to come here. What you are doing here is getting support and prayers sent when needed.

There are so many knowldegable people here, who can answer your questions.

LC is not a death sentence and do not listen to stastics. There are so many people on here who have beaten the odds time and time again.

Keep us posted on how things are going.

Maryanne

Welcome, Sandie! Yep, Stage IV is scary, but take heart. My wife is Stage IV, was given 9 months, and is now more than 2 1/2 years from diagnosis. She has fought back the beast several times (see below) and is still going strong.

Your kids have a double load -- fear of losing a second parent, and the reality of their own mortality with two parents having lung cancer. Cancer is definitely a family disease, not just genetically, but emotionally. My best to you all. Don

Welcome Sandie,

Glad you found us. You will find so many wonderful , caring , supportive people here. This site is second to none for support, information, prayers and even humor. I can promise you that you won't feel alone, as long as you are here with us. Kick off your shoes, look around and make yourself at home. You have just joined the family.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

You have found a wonderful place to share experiences and gather HOPE, and inspiration.. The people of this board will give you insight and courage, and information, that can only be shared with those who are experiencing this dreadful disease. I hope you find good results, for your health and good thoughts for your heart... Blessings. gina