vaccine trial

john

Trial Information

Summary: A Pilot Study of NY-ESO-1b Peptide Plus CpG 7909 and Montanide ISA-51 (Montanide) in Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

This lung cancer vaccine research study involves the injection of the NY-ESO-1b peptide along with 2 other agents to help stimulate the immune system. Peptides are small fragments of every protein. These peptides are normally found in the testis and the placenta. They have also been found on various types of cancer cells, such as non-small cell lung cancer. The purpose is to stimulate the immune system to react against the peptides that are found on cancer cells.

Study Inclusion Criteria:

Non-small cell lung cancer stages IIIB or IV who have either completed standard therapy (i.e. chemotherapy, radiation), declined standard therapy or found standard therapy was ineffective.

18 years old or older

Tumor expression of the NY-ESO-1 antigen.

HIV negative.

Cathy Ferrara, RN, Clinical Trials Manager

Weill Medical College of Cornell University

525 East 68th St, Box 110

New York, NY 10021

Telephone: 212-746-3328

Fax: 212-746-8223

Email: caf2007@med.cornell.edu

• 1 month later...

John,

Thanks for the info regarding this vaccine trial, i'm looking into this for my wife. Has anyone on this message board looked into this, if so what are people's experience with it?

SI