I'm really struggling this time around

Hi~

I am not handling this new bad news well. I am a mess and weepy. I was much more together when all of this first started and my mom was inoperable or when she was having a rough post-op time. That's crazy to me!! I think I might know too much about all of this awful disease and what people go through. Ignorance is bliss. Have any of you ever felt that way? The thing that put me over the edge was when my mom told me she was starting Tarceva. The horrible feelings that washed over me I would never wish on anyone.

Thanks for listening. I think I am going to go to a Caregivers support group. Have any of you gone to one in person? For those of you that pray- please say one for me.

kreed70

I am praying for you, kreed, and I know exactly what feeling you're talking about. it's so scary, isn't it? it's a very day at a time thing for me. when I signed on here, I was TERRIFIED with the whole, huge picture. day to day, though, I can manage it AND show up better for mom.

vent any time,

xoxo

amie

Hi Kreed,

Prayers sent to you and your mom.

Keep a positive attitude. She has gone through so much and was NED, that could definetely happen again.

I pray the Tarveca works for her. You are a wonderful dauaghter, just stay by her side through this and know that she can beat this thing.

Maryanne

Hi Kreed,

I'm so sorry you are going through this rough time.

When I was helping my husband, I attended several programs sponsored by one of our hospital's Cancer center. One was a 'Strength for Caring' all-day seminar for caregivers. It was more of an opportunity to learn information about caring for someone, but you were in a room full of people that understood the emotions you were dealing with. I think it would be worthwhile to attend a group and find out if it helps you. If not, that's okay too.

I hope you and your Mom have a nice, relaxing week-end.

Lynne

Understand what you are going through...I've been close to loosing it the last couple of days. Charlie started a new chemo. yesterday, was sick last night with a temp. of 102 and just feels very lousy. Watching and caring for our loved ones when they are suffering is the hardest thing for me. Not the caring, but the watching. You just want to take it all away for them. Praying for you and your mom. Take care.

Understand what you are going through...I've been close to loosing it the last couple of days. Charlie started a new chemo. yesterday, was sick last night with a temp. of 102 and just feels very lousy. Watching and caring for our loved ones when they are suffering is the hardest thing for me. Not the caring, but the watching. You just want to take it all away for them. Praying for you and your mom. Take care.

Dear Kreed,

When people on this website talk about the roller coaster ride, that is EXACTLY what it is. Our emotions go up and down, just exactly like a roller coast. When you are on the going up side and climbing higher, it's a struggle but you're reaching for the top and it feels good, but when you are on the going down side, it is very frightening and goes way too fast. And the worst part is that those emotions can change back and forth in the same 24 hour period.

I don't think there's an easy fix. I think we just have to ride that darned roller coaster and know that these ups and downs are going to be there every day. All we can do is deal with them the best we can, and use every available resource to get through them - including this website.

Love and hugs,

Peggy