Results from CT tomorrow

KatieB

Dad gets results tomorrow - along with his chemo and check-up. For the first time in 10 months, my mom has actually told me "I'm worried".

Now, why does she say this all of the sudden? When for 10 months, she has basically been in denial thinking that as long as Dad is eatting - all is well!

Is there more to all this than they are telling me? He has been vomitting quite alot again lately, he is still extremely weak (as always) , and now he has developed a pain in his right shoulder radiating down his arm that even hydrocodone won't make go away.

His appointment is at 1:30 Central time. I will be biting my nails and anxious and making myself crazy until then. I can't imagine how my parents feel. They are so strong. I love them so much, they are my heros.

Katie,

I can't tell you how much I hope and pray you get good news tomorrow on your Dad's scan's. I will be awaiting your posting for what I am sure will be good news. Jan had something said to her today that I still have goosebumps over. I am going to post it here in a minute. You know the chemo is messing with him. Jan has aches and pains in all different places that do not make much sense. Hang in there and let us know what happens!

Katie,

Leave a little bit of your nails on okay?

I have been thinking and praying for you and your family and I hope everything turns out.

The comment about your mom on how she is now worried is probably normal. Maybe this roller coaster ride is just wearing her down and I couldn't blame her a bit.

Please let us all know as soon as possiable.

HUGS to you my friend! Get a good nights sleep.

Shelly

Katie, now I think that your mother and my mother are related...

my mom will be going on and on about how good my dad is doing, sometimes I wonder if she even notices how weak he is...

what annoys me more is that whenever I ask my dad a question ie: "how are you feeling" or "did you sleep ok?" or anything related to how he is doing or how is day is she chimes in with this annoying peppy voice "oh, he went outside today", or "oh, he never really slept well" blah blah blah-never giving him the opportunity to answer the question, as if he were unable to speak or communicate-it annoys the shi_ out of me!! And I can see from my Dads expression that he had no intention of giving the answer that she just gave-he'll roll his eyes at me, or give me some nod of the head that lets me know a bit more how he REALLY feels...finally I had had it, on Sunday when they stopped over and I asked dad if his night time sleeping has improved and I heard her voice begin to reply-It was like fingernails on a chalkboard-a sing songy "oh, he ne..." I cut her off immediatly

"WOULD YOU LET HIM GET A WORD IN EDGEWISE, PLEASE :x ",

then dad said that he sleeps best between 6am and 9am, my husband asked why he wakes up and he said he wakes up easily-my husband then motioned at my mother as if to say'she wakes you up?' and Daddy nodded yes.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom to death, but I wish she would be a little less 'mothering' with him and allow him to feel what he feels and allow him to share these feelings with us. I know she's just scared, but we all are.

So, anyway, sorry to 'yadda yadda' you to death. I just wanted to let you know that I sent up the equivialant of a fed ex prayer for your dad to have good results and for you to not gnaw your fingers off, because then-how would you post here?!?!

Take care, and let us know how it goes as soon as you can. Take care mi amigo! Deb

KATIE,

HOPE BY NOW YOUR FATHER HAS SOME RESULTS THAT ARE GOOD. MY HUSBAND HAS A LOT OF PAIN IN THE RIGHT SHOULDER ALSO. THEY TRIED TO DO AN MRI BUT COULDN'T BECAUSE HE HAS A CLIP IN THE CENTER OF HIS BRAIN FROM AN ANUERYSM IN THE BRAIN BACK IN 1977. DON'T KNOW WHY THE SHOULDER PAIN.....GUESS WE WON'T FIND OUT EITHER NOW. HOPE YOUR FATHER GETS RESULTS.

YOUR MOM IS JUST HAVING ONE OF THOSE DAYS LIKE WE ALL HAVE. SOME DAYS WE ARE UP AND SOME DAYS WE ARE DOWN. IT HAPPENS TO ALL. HOPE THE BEST RESULTS FOR YOUR DAD..

Hi Katie,

I'm new here but I have been reading your posts and your supportive comments to others for a week now. You inspired me to join in fact. Just registered myself today to get a little support for dealing with my father-in-law's battle. I hope things went well with that CT scan. You are such a dear daughter to your dad and I am trying to do the best I can for my husband's dad. I have tried to talk to my mother-in-law about getting on this site, but she gets a bit frustrated with the internet. So I am hoping that I can help her by finding good news and advice to share with her. Now that his cancer has moved to the brain I feel that she thinks it may be unbeatable. :? She points out the little pitfalls of the day and I have to point out the positives. SMALL VICTORIES!!! I tell her, we need to celebrate the small victories in this battle and give less credit to the setbacks. He was having these "alien like" chest spasms and hand spasms and now they are gone thanks to the steroid medicines. He may still be a bit wobbly and off balance today but if it is less than yesterday then maybe the lesions are shrinking due to the radiation!

I am praying for your family and so many others I have "come to know" this last week of visiting the message board!

~God bless us all!~ 8)

Guest peggyd

Hi Katie:

Am anxious to hear the results of your dad's test. I think I do know how your mom feels. Tests somehow bring it all back to light. I can be so upbeat and sure that everything will be alright and then tests come along and I start thinking about what if its NOT good news.

Am sitting on the edge of my chair to hear and praying that all will be well. Your dad is such a good looking guy ... reminds me of my husband.

Hope to hear from you soon.