Lung Cancer - Walk or Vigil

reneek

I am likely going to do either a walk or a candlelight vigil in Nov for l/c awareness month. I have done the walk 2X before and am considering that again but there is a fantastic walk/race in Sept in Chicago (mine would be in the burbs of Chicago). So, PLEASE chime in - should I do the walk or vigil? Which would you go to if any, if you lived in/near Chicago?

Thanks!

Renee

Well if you have done your walk for 2 years you probably have "regulars" that are looking forward to it and wouldn't go to the other walk. I know that we enjoyed Roseanne's walk last year and hope to make it a yearly event. So I'd say do what you've had success with.

Well thanks for the advice ... I really needed it as I have been struggling with this for awhile. SO, I think I will do the walk again, as it is a known thing and hopefully, I will get people who come from last year. I will make it more meaningful though - I am thinking some type of envir. friendly balloon release or a candlelighting ceremony or something like that (i.e. everyone holds a candle like at church and a poem is read or something - then, the candles are blown out for different groups (i.e. spouses, friends, etc) with survivors blowing theirs out last).

Anyway, thanks again. ANY further thoughts are much appreciated.

Renee