Shordy's Dad Update

Well, here I am again... I think Daddy has an estimated month or so, being that his liver is entirely tumor. They haven't called in Hospice yet, he also went for a CT to see if that VP 16 has done any good and will find out the results tomorrow. I'm so afraid for him, I'm afraid he's not going to get the results he's looking for. The doctor that I found him couldn't do him any good and my Stepmom said he took it really hard, I felt like I'd failed him. He looks so different than he did a few weeks ago, no hair and very tired. Today the doctor put me on Zoloft...we'll see. He's making his funeral arrangements...now that is just WAY beyond my comprehension, making your own funeral arrangements, it bothers my Stepmom but knows it's something she has to do with him. I'm trying to figure out how to get through making his "eulogy" papers, those things you pick up at a funeral. I want to do them, I'll feel priveledged to do them, but I'm not sure how I'll get through the process, I want them to be special, with his picture on it and all that special personal stuff. Well, I knew writing this would make me cry...thanks to you all so very much! Lots of love to everyone...Shordy

Shordy, so sorry your dad is getting worse. I know several people who have planned their own funeral -- I think it is a great idea if one wants to do that. Mine is all written out in a book -- I really need to update it. My sister died in 1993 and so did my mother-in-law. I spoke at both funerals. I did not know either time if I could get through it, but I wanted to try, and I did fine. And now I'm glad I did. My prayers are with you all. Don

Oh Shordy I am so sorry for your pain and for your Father's prognosis. It must be tremendously tough for your family and you right now. That month is only a guess..hang onto to each moment you have...you are a wonderful daughter and your Dad must certainly love you very much...I am praying for you Shordy.

I am speechless the loss of any family member is tough, but your parents I know it is extremely hard. My prayers are with you. I know if I was going through what your family is going through I know my strength would have to come from a higher source.

Stay strong for him

Prayers to you .

Shordy,

I am so sorry to hear the news of your dad. You have done all that you can to help him, I wish that I had gotten mommy another doctor. I will be thinking of you and I'll pray extra hard for the both of you tonight.

Big ole' hugs,

Renee

Thanks to you all for the support. I've made up the Memorial Folders and I have his picture on the front of him dressed nice and on the inside, a real small one of him in his overalls, what everyone always saw him in. I also put a picture of all of us together on the back with a little saying. I've also spent a few days working on a Memory Board. I got the dimensions for it and have put sheets of pictures together, I think it'll be nice. I also made a few pictures to frame and put out on tables, one is with him in the center and little clip art images of things that he was all about, like one with a man fishing, a tractor, a farm with pigs (he use to raise pigs) the St. Louis Arch, he worked on that, an ironworker, and a welder and underneath the picture of him I put the words "what made the man". It was SO difficult to start the projects but I was glad that he'll be able to have such a personalized ordeal and that people will look at the Memory Board and see that he lived, laughed, loved and had family & friends...that he was here. Well, I think I'm gonna start crying so I'd better shut up. Thanks to all of you wonderful people for your kind words. Love Shordy