latest fight

pamm

Went to the onc yesterday, for update and Zometa. He said we will keep fighting; when radiation is done in a week and a half, will begin Topotocan on July 25th, 5 days a wk for one wk, then 2 wks off. Said for 3 months to begin. Side effect--fatigue and diarrhea. Asked about work and he said if I want to, but he also said I am going to get tired and if and when I want to stop treatment just to tell him (I guess if I get too tired to continue?) That part was upsetting, but I'm trying not to read too much into it. My husband is very bummed out, I can tell. He doesn't say, but I know he is depressed. I also have pains in my stomach since I came back yesterday. I think it might be constipation, but it might be tumor growth, I don't know. Anyway, I didn't have rad yesterday as the machine broke down. I have to call now to see if it is fixed.

So, what does everybody think of this latest? I intend to fight until I can't anymore. I know you will tell me to continue the fight; wondering if anybody else went this route? I guess I just need someone to tell me this is right route. Thank you all so very much for everytthing!

Pam

Pamm,

I was hoping to see a post from you today. I'm not sure why the doctor told you to bring your husband, which put that big scare into you. I think it's a good idea for your husband to go anyway, but I wish the doctor hadn't scared you like that.

Anyway, I can't speak to much about the route you've been prescribed, but it looks like others have had the same routine, so it must be a proven plan.

Go for it!

So glad to see your post.

Love,

Peggy

Pamm---I can't tell you if this is the best route, but I just want to tell you that I hope you get great results. I know you want to work, but don't overdo---it is important to get enough rest .

regards,

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. I knew I could count on you. I'm thinking about trying work next week, as I am still just getting radiation and I think I can handle a few hours. I'm gonna call my boss later and see if this is okay, if not, oh well, I will find something else to do. The other day my higher up boss, Dr. Holtz (opthalmologist) called me to say hi and give his best. I think that was really neat of him, he is somewhat elusive with workers, but he has always been a true gentleman with me.

Anyway, if anyone has more thoughts, pls bring them on. Also anymore ideas about a diet?

Thanks again, guys,

Pam

Pam, I just got on this am and got your pm.

You are so right about fighting. DO NOT GIVE UP!! You take whatever the Dr says to do and run with it. As for work, keep it up as long as you can. Nothing is worse than sitting home and becoming depressed. BUT do not overdo! If you are too tired then take time off.

The meds you are on are different than what I have had in the past. I don't have any mets to the brain tho so I am sure they use different ones that are appropriate for your mets sites.

You have all kinds of support here and a hubby that goes with you!! God is with you and you need to allow Him to guide you thru this. He will use this to His glory. I know from my own experiences I am a better person now, because of the cancer. I know some will never understand that but it is so true. You keep posting and keep us up on all the details!!

Love Cindy