Continuous vomiting - common w/NSCLC?

MichelleZP

Hi,

My husband has been vomiting - even his water. :( He is on a feeding tube and this continuous vomiting is causing his weight to drop. :( Is this vomiting common w/lung cancer? Could it be the Iressa he began in June? I am very concerned. He was a bit dehydrated this evening and I was going to take him to the ER but I called the Bridge nurse first and she said to give him 60 cc's of water each hour so I did. The tenting of his skin did improve, but he vomited again. :( I found some anti-nausea suppositories he had from when he was on IV chemo - so I gave him one of those and he is sleeping now. He has got to gain weight. He has recently lost SOOOOOO much weight. :( We see the doctor Wednesday and he, the doctor, requested the entire family come. :shock: I have a hunch what this means. The Bridge nurse told me this afternoon after she examined my husband that I need to consider hospice now for Bob. She told me to start preparing him for death. :( She feels he is holding on as he doesn't want any of us (his family) to suffer. She wants me to let him know I will be OK...that is HARD. :( I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I had a root canal right after that and I was a wreck there and I started crying to the endodontist's nurse! Luckily she held my hand, gave me a hug, and showed me support and compassion. Is this the standard way they prepare us? I never knew "I" had to be the initiator here...I thought they did this.

Thank You,

First off Michelle preparing for his death??? I honestly believe there is no such thing! take it from me! you can try as hard as you want but it just does work that way! I understand the medical community TRY as hard as they can to be "sensitive" in statements but jesus do they sometimes have no clue!

Did you ask the doctor about the vomiting??? maybe he should go in before wednesday if that is not clearing up. I will be thinking of you and your family!! please keep us posted

HI MICHELLE,

OH WHAT A HARD TIME YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE GOING THROUGH. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU TOMORROW.

I REMEMBER WHEN MY DAD WAS TOWARD THE END. THE DR LEFT TOWN FOR VACATION AND LEFT IT UP TO ME TO TELL MY DAD NO MORE CHEMO, THAT THERE WAS NO MORE THEY COULD DO FOR HIM. HE WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE TWO MONTH LEFT, THREE DAYS WAS THE TRUE PICTURE. HE TOLD ME HE WAS READY TO MEET AND BE WITH MY MOM WHO HAD PASSED AWAY WITH THE SAME THING ONLY 11 MONTH BEFORE. THIS IS A VERY HARD TIME YOU ALL ARE IN. BUT THE HARDEST IS WATCHING A LOVED ONE SUFFER AS YOURS IS NOW WITH ALL THAT THROWING UP AND NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT. I WOULD HOPE IT WAS ONLY THE IRESSA BUT FROM WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, IT PROBABLY ISN'T. SO I WILL CLOSE HERE AND PRAY FOR WHATEVER HAPPEN THAT IT BE A KIND AND GENTLE ENDING, IF, THAT IS TO BE....GOD BLESS

Oh my dear, there is no way to prepare. Just tell them not be afraid, (Its usually the ones left who are afraid), and let him know you are not afraid. Prepare, dear God, there is NO way to prepare. I HATE LUNG CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rana :cry:

I really don't know what to say, all of this is fairly new to me too! But I will say a prayer for you and your husband. And I too hate Cancer and what it has done to my boyfriend (s/o) and my own life!! Its the uglyiest word I have ever heard!!

"" How a person prepares for a loved ones death I will never know :!::!: "

I try to tell myself that I need to be prepared incase Darrell doesn't make it. Its hard to watch them go through so much!! I know I feel so helpless sometimes!!!

""Hugs to You and Lotssssssss of Prayers!!""