more on mom- cyberknife/Tarceva/PET

kreed70

The doctor told my mom that in 2-3 days she should feel pain relief from cyberknife. Well, in less than 24 hours she had a dramatic decrease in pain!!! Pray that this small growth is truly GONE!!

She is not having a lot of side effcts from Tarceva- mild diarrea (sp?). This scares me a bit because does it mean it isn't working??? Any advice on this would be helpful!!!

Still don't have results from PET!! We are taking a no news, is good news. Her onc. is awesome so we are assuming that he would call if he saw something else othere than the small growth getting cyberknife.

***** edited Saturday July 17 by kreed- The PET is clear!!!!!!! *****

I hope all of you are doing well. God bless!!

What great news about the sudden reduction in pain! Yay!! So glad for your mom.

About the Tarceva, symptoms may not show up for a week to 10 days. And everyone's different. I have only a mild "rash" on face, neck, chest, and trunk but the Tarceva has already produced some shrinkage in tumor. Others have a much more severe rash. So, be patient and wait for some actual test results. We're all looking for "the sign" that things are doing the job and I think "the sign" is probably a very individual thing.

Best wishes for continued cancer-bashing!

Leslie