Why am I in so much pain?

Justakid

Why am I in so much pain?

I know part of it is the gall bladder and part is from the prednisone. BUT why all the pain? Have Oxy and Hydo - codone but there is still pain and I don't understand why.

DOes anyone else have this pain? How is it being controled?

Hiya Kid; I agree, if ur having pain, should get with the doc again..? What is it, chest pain, incision, bone pain? I was off the heavy narco drugs about 4-5 months after surg., now only take an occasional darvocet or tylenol. I do have serious back and feet pain, tho, and Im going back for my 1 yr. scans and the ortho surgeon too, wanna double check, make sure it aint bone mets, or something.

Anyway, check it out with the doc ok? Only way to find out...K..good luck ..Rich B.

Can your doctor send you to a pain management clinic? You need to find a solution. Try posting your question in the Experts forum and see if you get any answers. I have always wondered why some members seem to have so much more pain than others. I hope you get some relief soon.

Beth,

I wish I had a crystal ball to see what is going on with you. This is getting old already and I want so much for them to find the source of your pain and have it vanish.

It is very frustrating for me to read your post as I feel so helpless and cannot help you.

I can just send prayers and hope you are pain free soon.

See what the doc has to say. Maybe there is something that could be done to help aliviate it. No one should have to suffer the way you are.

Prayers sent to you, hon,

Maryanne

Poor Beth :cry: !!!

I cannot address the pain issue as you weren't quite clear as to exactly what kind, where, etc. BUT I agree that perhaps that needs to be looked at BEFORE you go in for surgery Monday. I would HATE that to be postponed :x !

A while ago I remember posting to you that you were due a break. I still am feeling that and feeling that the time will be NOW!!!! Hope you can hang in there just a LITTLE bit longer. It is hard and I am wishing for you the strength needed to make it happen.

Please try to get an answer to this pain before your OR time Monday. In the meantime, I am so hoping for you to turn a corner and get some relief and be on to recovery real soon.

(((((BETH))))),

Kasey

Dear Beth,

I know I sound like a broken record but call that DR of yours and get something that works for you. There is just no need for pain in this day and age. There are too many good drugs out there that can help you!!

God Bless you Sweetie,

Jane

Beth,

Oh sister do I hear Ya!!!! It's so upsetting when they are giving you the hard drugs and they don't even touch the pain. I even went to the pain management clinic. All they did is give me higher doses of what I've already had and made me throw-up every few hours. No help at all!

I hope you find some relief. I ended up doing 10mg of oxycontin in the morning and took 3 advil every 3 hours for breakthrough pain. Didn't totally help, but had a good few minutes to an hour after each dose.

I'm with ya.....

TAnn