Good Results are in

Carleen

Thank you all so much for the prayers you lifted up for Keith. I think God heard us, and answered happily.

Keith's CT scan results showed an overall stable result. There were 2 spots in the liver that grew slightly, but not enough for the onc to change his decision as to the stable classification. Keith's MRI also showed the lesions in the brain are unchanged so they too are stable.

I am very happy about that. I don't know why, but I was so scared and so nervous. It was also harder because I know Keith was very anxious and really wanting to see some regression this time. He's never really had much in the way of regression yet and wants it so badly. Keith is a little down still. He wants so much to get better and believes so hard that he is cured by God that anything less than regression is a disappointment.

I've always said that regression would be great news, but stable is still good. I can live with stable as long as it stays that way for the next 60-70 years. So, now my only goal in life is to put that smile back on his face and get him as positive as I am about things again.

So, Keith is scheduled for 2 more months of Taxotere once a week for three weeks and a week off in between, and is also back on Sandostatin once a month injections (primarily for the chance of it boosting hormone receptor sites on his tumors to make the clinical trial we are looking into in Switzerland a possibility for him.) Keith is really unhappy about the sandostatin, as last year when he was on it, he gained a lot of weight (he still looked good to me), and he had symptoms similar to menopause; hot flashes, extreme sweating for no reason, overall icky achy feeling, trouble sleeping. But hopefully this time will be different. :)

Thank you all so much for all your love and support. Sorry I couldn't get to a computer yesterday to give you the news, and made you wait.

All my love to you

This IS good news! Stable is a good thing. Cancer is a scourge and whatever you can do to slow it down or stop it completely goes in the "win" column, IMO.

My best to the two of you -- you are both very brave in this battle you've fought side by side. You have my admiration in triplicate!

Best wishes,

Di

Carleen,

Great News! Stable is good. Understand the desire to have regression. Charlie has not had regression since his first-line treatment. He is now on number 7, I think. I've lost count. Hang in there. I like your idea of stable for 60-70 years. I am all for that. Take care. Praying for you guys!

Carleen and Keith,

I am ecstatic over your news! STABLE!!!!!!!!! I do understand, however, Keith, your desire for regression. I think I would be feeling as you...stable is okay.... but regression would be like ~ SUPER!!!! Well, let's try to take this one step at a time. First stable....THEN regression!

I will continue to hope for encouraging results and pray that the word regression may enter your lives at some point!

You are such a great looking couple. I am wishing you so MANY years together that this period of your lives will all but be forgotten!

(((HUGS))) to you both.

Kasey

Keith...you were dxd a little over a year before I was...and I'm already to where "stable" seems pretty good to me!

Oh sure, cannot deny that regression or better still, NED, would be preferable. But as my onc says, "You can live with stable for a loooong time!"

Carleen, I'm sure you can get Keith to focus on the positives so you can both follow thru on Ginny's wonderful plan! :wink:

Sending all good thoughts your way...and am so glad the scan results were weighted on the positive side!

Carleen & Keith, thanks for sharing the good news. I'm so glad you're going to be able to celebrate and enjoy this blessing together! I know you were both hoping for even better news (regression is a beautiful word, and I hope you hear it next time!), but this truly is a blessing you have now, and I know you're thankful. I am, too!

BeckyCW