Rachel update .......help !

Susan

My heart is breaking for Rachel and her husband and you. I hope this is another case of the doctors being far wrong (I know the doctors hope so, too!), and that Rachel will be more proof that miracles happen all the time. This is a very frightening time, and I pray you all will have strength, peace, and wisdom -- and lots more time to love each other and have fun together.

BeckyCW

Susan,

What a wonderful friend you are to Rachel! As Ginny and others said, listen to Rachel and she will decide what she wants to say and do about the doctor's words.

Jim spoke of past, present, and FUTURE. Rarely, but occasionally, he made references to limited time. I tried to be hopeful and positive and confined my tears to the shower and car. But, everyone is different and unique.

Let Rachel guide you through this difficult journey and she will let you know what she needs.

We would love to see a picture of the 50th birthday bash.

Please take a few deep breaths for yourself,

Lynne

I am so sorry to hear about the progression of Rachel's disease. I am wondering, like Jen is, whether there has been any discussion about further treatment? It may of course be that Rachel doesn't want it but if you do know I'd be interested to learn what the docs are saying.

Although I "talk" a lot here I am still relatively new. I have however noticed how massively popular Rachel is and I will be thinking of you all.

Dee

SOooo Sorry that such a time frame was given and hope and pray they are wrong. Some one asked why not radiation again and i was under the impression that they can only radiate a area once. All i can add is the DOC'S CAN ONLY GUESS AND GOD ALONG KNOW'S THE TIME....There is a man who has stomach cancer who we first met over a year ago and at the time had already out lived his prognosis by 5 month's and was wheel chair bound.When they first found his Cancer they just closed him back up and said 3 month's at best as his stomach and body was loaded with tumor's and he by the time we meant him had lost over 100 pound's and like said earlier was wheel chair bound.Today he is walking on his own and has put back quite a bit of his weight and look's and feel's really good...I believe every one who is invoved call's him a miracle so my point being WHY NOT YOU.....

Susan,

This is awful news to read; but please don't give up on Rachael...and neither will we. She is very important to all of us here and we will all be praying for her and thinking of her. Most importantly...we will be here for her and all of her family if they need us.

Love and prayers,

crushed. Absolutely.

I have had time to think about this. This group of doctors is one. They have (in the past) treated her disease well. Might well be time to get a fresh opinion.

All is not done. You two WILL go to Greece. The doctors gave my brother a few months to live and I think that they made sure that they were right...

Now that I know lung cancer better, I wish we wouldn't have believed them.

All good thoughts and prayers for Rachel, Stan, and you, Susan.

Cindi o'h

Lately it seems that all i am posting are thank you's to you all! I truly do mean it , from the bottom of my heart. I have gleaned hope and strength from you all.

Today is Rachel's 50th birthday- she is home and has been reading all of your wonderful psots-I am in Florida with my mom, her twin (they are 83) and my sister- we (my sister and I)brought the twins down from Maine to visit their 87 year old sister whom they have not seen for 15 years-

While we are having a ball watching "the girls" I can't wait to get home and be with "my twin"...Rachel-

Thank you all again!!!

I'll be home soon sweetie-( I know you're reading this... :wink: )

I'm late in responding, and I apologize for that. But like Jen I, too, am wondering why no more chemo or radiation, if that is what Rachel wants to pursue?

I believe you when you state that she has good doctors. But even very good doctors reach a point where they don't feel they have anything to offer. And they may not. They may be limited by what is available in their immediate geographic area. So Rachel may need to travel elsewhere to find someone willing to continue the fight if that is what Rachel wants to do.

And that is the single most important factor in all of this: Does Rachel want to pursue more treatment, or does she want Hospice to be called in?

She is most fortunate to have you as a friend.

Please let her know she is in my prayers.

• 2 weeks later...

Rachel

Sorry I missed your actual birthday. You are so often in my thoughts. You have provided so much inspiration to so many of us--. I remember how scared I was when I first posted and your words about how you were living your life gave me such strength.

love and fortitude

elaine